Iconic song <-> movie associations

hippietim

Axe-Master
This topic came up the other day amongst some coworkers.
  • Being a male of the right age, the first thing that I thought of was of course Moving in Stereo in Fast Times at Ridgemont High
  • Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne's World
  • The End in Apocalypse Now
What else?

Yello: Oh Yeah - Ferris Bueller
Chesney Hawkes: The One and Only - Doc Hollywood
Tears for Fears: Head Over Heels - Donnie Darko (and Mad World)

showing my age, now

Call me a Fanboi..(with reason I guess ..I was a up close witness to the initial evolution of the Marvel Universe as formed by the great Lee/Kirby/Ditko/Thomas/Adams/Romita(s)..et.al....from the purchased on the newstand((remember those))origin stories of all of them(again I shiver in revulsion as I remember the grandparental trashing of a collection that could now be near priceless/)..but I digress...
No one has used rock music of quality to greater effect than Marvel Studios, (perhaps Wes Andersonexcepted)culminating in Endgame where the initial note of songs I have cherished for decades turn me into a blubbering baby....(IMHO)
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/avengers-endgame-classic-rock-songs/

Call me a Fanboi..(with reason I guess ..I was a up close witness to the initial evolution of the Marvel Universe as formed by the great Lee/Kirby/Ditko/Thomas/Adams/Romita(s)..et.al....from the purchased on the newstand((remember those))origin stories of all of them(again I shiver in revulsion as I remember the grandparental trashing of a collection that could now be near priceless/)..but I digress...
No one has used rock music of quality to greater effect than Marvel Studios, (perhaps Wes Andersonexcepted)culminating in Endgame where the initial note of songs I have cherished for decades turn me into a blubbering baby....(IMHO)
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/avengers-endgame-classic-rock-songs/

The Guardians of the Galaxy sound tracks have been awesome

While I never saw the movie, one of my favorites is Mark Knopfler's Local Hero Wild Theme.

Another favorite is the Byrd's Ballad of Easy Rider.

And a third is Toto's Take My Hand from Dune.

I'm sure there's many more, but that's off the top of my head at the moment. But now I'm thinking of the movies Immortal Beloved, Amadeus, and Impromptu; and I'm thinking I better stop there and get some work done.

Back
Top Bottom