Icarus Lives drum track

Rhiza

Inspired
Hi guys, couple of months ago I started working on making a drum track using Superior Drummer 2.0.
I never finished it eventhough I was almost done. Since I'm sick and staying home today I decided to finish it and upload it :)
Take note that this is not 100 percent identical since I had to do it by ear and watch several clips of Matt performing the drums live.
I have to say that it's more identical than the so call "backing tracks" I've seen on the internet. They were simply rubbish and not even close to the "real" thing.

Song is 110 bpm, and I've made empty space for the Intro guitar riff.
Exported it from Ableton Live 9 as a 44.1 khz, 16 bit wav file.
Also going to include the Midi file if anyone want's to tweak it and make it better.

Oh well, nough' said. Enjoy! :)

Mediafire Links

-->Wav File<--

-->Midi File<--

Last edited:
Good effort and one of my favourite Periphery songs, I'm downloading the Midi file to cut up for some grooves/fills

Good job. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm sure this will resurface all over youtube in many forms. The year of the Icarus cover. :)

Pretty good job... but if you want to get a better feel for how it was originally intended to be played. Here is a link to ta video where Travis (their original Drummer) plays it in the studio. What's even crazier is that if I'm not mistaken, Misha is the one who created most of that particular song's drum tracks either by playing them on his eDrum kit or by the 'drawing' it out in his DAW.

This guy is so meticulous... just like at how he makes sure to hit the last hit of the hihat with his foot. That's just awesome.

Pretty good job... but if you want to get a better feel for how it was originally intended to be played. Here is a link to ta video where Travis (their original Drummer) plays it in the studio. What's even crazier is that if I'm not mistaken, Misha is the one who created most of that particular song's drum tracks either by playing them on his eDrum kit or by the 'drawing' it out in his DAW.

This guy is so meticulous... just like at how he makes sure to hit the last hit of the hihat with his foot. That's just awesome.

Oh didn't see this one! Thanks mate!

I'm not 100% percent satisfied with the drum track, but there is a limit to what I could when the drums are drown in compression and low tuned guitar/bass. Best I could do really.
You are right about Misha programming a lot himself, He did a great job, but sometimes the drum riff is really weird and impossible to play :p

snare

Hi guys, couple of months ago I started working on making a drum track using Superior Drummer 2.0.
I never finished it eventhough I was almost done. Since I'm sick and staying home today I decided to finish it and upload it :)
Take note that this is not 100 percent identical since I had to do it by ear and watch several clips of Matt performing the drums live.
I have to say that it's more identical than the so call "backing tracks" I've seen on the internet. They were simply rubbish and not even close to the "real" thing.

Song is 110 bpm, and I've made empty space for the Intro guitar riff.
Exported it from Ableton Live 9 as a 44.1 khz, 16 bit wav file.
Also going to include the Midi file if anyone want's to tweak it and make it better.

Oh well, nough' said. Enjoy! :)

Mediafire Links

Thanks for the files dude ! Can you please explain to me how you got your snaredrum sound with superior drummer ? What plugins do you use for your snare ? I like your drumsound overall man !

-->Wav File<--

-->Midi File<--

Thanks for the files dude ! Can you please explain to me how you got your snaredrum sound with superior drummer ? What plugins do you use for your snare ? I like your drumsound overall man !

Back
Top Bottom