Ibanez TAM10 - anybody here own one?

Alabama man

Inspired
I've gotten the 7-8 string itch and have my sights set on the Ibanez TAM10 model. Just wondering if anyone here owns / owned one and what their thoughts were.

Thanks and Happy Fathers Day!

I've gotten the 7-8 string itch and have my sights set on the Ibanez TAM10 model. Just wondering if anyone here owns / owned one and what their thoughts were.

Thanks and Happy Fathers Day!

I own one!
The clip in my signature was recorded with it.
It's a great guitar!
Are there any specific things you'd like to know?

I own one!
The clip in my signature was recorded with it.
It's a great guitar!
Are there any specific things you'd like to know?

That clip sounds great man. Is your TAM10 stock?

I'm just wondering what owner's overall thoughts are at this point now that it's been out for a while. I'm considering doing 24 months financing on it and I've never done that with anything before. The main thing for me with this guitar is the passive pickup design. I played a few other extended range guitars with EMG's and while they're cool, I definitely prefer passives. That, and the guitar looks pretty classy, IMO.

That clip sounds great man. Is your TAM10 stock?

I'm just wondering what owner's overall thoughts are at this point now that it's been out for a while. I'm considering doing 24 months financing on it and I've never done that with anything before. The main thing for me with this guitar is the passive pickup design. I played a few other extended range guitars with EMG's and while they're cool, I definitely prefer passives. That, and the guitar looks pretty classy, IMO.

It's all stock except for the strings.
The guitar plays very nicely and the sound is awesome too.
The passive pickups are very versatile with all of the different selector and switch settings.
It's a quite light guitar too.

When I picked it up from the box I was a little underwhelmed but I just had to put some proper Elixir strings on it, adjust the action and oil the fretboard.
After that it was great!
Keep that in mind.
The stock strings and gauges were horrible for my tastes.

If there is anything else you'd like to know just ask. :)

It's all stock except for the strings.
The guitar plays very nicely and the sound is awesome too.
The passive pickups are very versatile with all of the different selector and switch settings.
It's a quite light guitar too.

When I picked it up from the box I was a little underwhelmed but I just had to put some proper Elixir strings on it, adjust the action and oil the fretboard.
After that it was great!
Keep that in mind.
The stock strings and gauges were horrible for my tastes.

If there is anything else you'd like to know just ask. :)

I figured it would need a decent setup out of the box (stock strings - meh and fretboard usually is dry as a bone). Wish I could find one locally to play. Thanks for chiming in!

Back
Top Bottom