Ibanez RGA121

Metal4life

Been thinking about buying this guitar tomorrow. Ibanez RGA121 Prestige in mint condition for $500 in a local pawnshop. I know it's a no brainer for the price but has anyone here ever owned one? Any comments?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg B

See my icon - it's one of my favorites! Thin, light weight with a fast neck. The pickups are nice mid-gain models. I'd say grab it!

It's a fantastic guitar. I had an RGA121 and got an RGA321F afterwards (that I still own) and they are the best Ibanez I have ever owned.
If it's in good condition (seems so from the pics you posted) I'd buy it with my eyes closed. Just swap the PUs for whatever you like (stock PUs are not bad but just a bit generic) and you have a workhorse.

Last edited:
I know it's a no brainer for the price but has anyone here ever owned one? Any comments?

I just sold mine back in November and regret it... Had it signed by Periphery and everything, but the guy I sold it to said he was just going to remove it... Love that guitar!

I bought mine off eBay in 2008 for $500 as well, one of the best axe's I've ever owned. I think it has the Wizard II neck which is one of my faves. Someday I'll own another one, but definitely, definitely buy it...

guitar_zpsy9qthpal.jpg

Misha_zps0eij2v8s.jpg

Thanks for the info guys! Just pulled the trigger and here she is! No regrets at all! It sounded ok with the stock pups but i might change it to a bareknuckle sometime this year.

@ibanezfreak4 - lucky you bro! You actually got to meet misha..

Thanks Fractalz & Deltodo!

image.jpeg

I have one of these guitars. great guitar for sure. pickups need to change though but other than that it's a great one. go for it.

Back
Top Bottom