Ibanez rg7420 and Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170

Exitetard

Inspired
was just wondering does anyone have this guitar it’s cheap but it’s quality from what I’ve read. Looking for a budget seven string.

Also would it be worth getting a power amp like Seymour Duncan power stage 170? I’ve heard it improves the sound but when I emailed Seymour thethey said use it as a speaker load but I use my axe for recording and was just. Asking if it improves quality and how to hook it up.

The guitar looks just as good as any other Ibanez. Has their own pickups which are hit and miss IMO but if it's what you're after, by all means get it.

As far as the Power Stage 170, if you're not going to be plugging the Axe-FX II into a speaker and will only be using it for a recording, don't buy it as it won't serve any purpose. It will not improve any quality of sound because it's not something made to record with. If you really wanna improve the sound quality, buy an IR pack or two from Ownhammer or ML Sound Lab of your favorite cab/s. The stock IRs are really hit and miss to me and I like having a lot of options for IRs of a particular cab.

Ok that’s what I thought.

As far as the guitar I plan on getting some bare knuckle misha pickups or mark holcomb alpha and omega. My biggest thing is playability build quality and tuning stability.

As far as the guitar I plan on getting some bare knuckle misha pickups or mark holcomb alpha and omega. My biggest thing is playability build quality and tuning stability.

Since that one is a discontinued model, I'm assuming you're getting it online? Or Craigslist or something? One thing that makes a big difference for build quality,especially with Ibanez, is where the guitar's manufactured. I'll take an older Korean model over an Indonesian one any day.

Yeah I found one online I wouldn’t mind a sub 1000$ model if you know of any good ones that are upgradable

Upgrade pickups most likely dual humbuckers unless it’s an Ibanez Steve can model but I’d like to keep under 100$. Saw a Koa made one with natural wood no paint just finish. Looked nice. Saw one with a killswitch id like.

Things I’d need to upgrade

Pickups
Nut
Maybe tubers unless they lock

I’d like it to hold down tuned without going out of tune

Back
Top Bottom