Ibanez Mostortion and Nobels ODR-1 [implemented]

Here is a schematic of the Nobels ODR-1 and some photos of my pedal. I would gladly ship it for modelling. I have been running it using the output / input 3 loop recently and it sounds great.
I'm glad I read your post...I have a Keeley D&M Drive that I got as a present so I've tried to incorporate into my III. I've just been putting in between my guitar and input but would like to put it on my board with the Fc-6's and EV's. I also have a Keeley Halo (when the wife buys you pedals you don't hurt her feelings and tell her it's already in the FAS) going through that loop.
I guess my question would be - it's OK to put a drive pedal in a loop sound wise? And, would you put it in front or after Halo?

I'm glad I read your post...I have a Keeley D&M Drive that I got as a present so I've tried to incorporate into my III. I've just been putting in between my guitar and input but would like to put it on my board with the Fc-6's and EV's. I also have a Keeley Halo (when the wife buys you pedals you don't hurt her feelings and tell her it's already in the FAS) going through that loop.
I guess my question would be - it's OK to put a drive pedal in a loop sound wise? And, would you put it in front or after Halo?
Drive pedals sound great in the loop. Also totally fine between the guitar and the Axe. I use loop 3 so I can leave the ODR-1 always on in my rack and use scenes to switch it in and out.
Delay before or after drive has a different character. It’s easy to move blocks around in the Axe to see which you prefer. Certainly worth experimenting. Typically delay would be after drive. There are no rules. If I had a Halo I would put it in loop 4 after the amp and cab for all the stereo goodness. The Halo is cool. I’m enjoying the Aurora setting in the Multitap Delay.

ODR-1
ODR+1

Drive pedals sound great in the loop. Also totally fine between the guitar and the Axe. I use loop 3 so I can leave the ODR-1 always on in my rack and use scenes to switch it in and out.
Delay before or after drive has a different character. It’s easy to move blocks around in the Axe to see which you prefer. Certainly worth experimenting. Typically delay would be after drive. There are no rules. If I had a Halo I would put it in loop 4 after the amp and cab for all the stereo goodness. The Halo is cool. I’m enjoying the Aurora setting in the Multitap Delay.

ODR-1
ODR+1
I got it sorted and have the D&M to input 3, then into the Halo then back to the Axe. The only problem I had after a bunch of hours pulling my hair out was I figured out that not all Brand breakout cables have Red for Tip and Black for Ring! I knew I had it right and finally got so mad I jerked all the cables out of my Temple to start from scratch only to use a multimeter on the cables and find out by accident! Things that make you feel so stupid you can only laugh at yourself.

I still believe that one day, we will see that firmware update to the Drive block that contains a model of our beloved Nobels ODR-1.

I have a dream!! I will always be here fighting for that dream 😀

Nobels ODR-1 with Bass Cut switch.

nobel-odr1-bcs-3.jpg

It's almost been a month so we need to bump this wishlist ask up!

I saw "Boss OD-One" listed as a new drive type when I saw the 4.01 beta firmware announcement for the FM9 and almost lost my mind because I thought for a moment it was the Nobels ODR-1...

Back
Top Bottom