• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Ibanez KIKO100 or J-Custom RG8570Z?

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
Now that I have a buyer for my Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSS I've got these two used guitars under my radar. Both selling around $1,500

223407658_2001047983377263_696201998078578960_n.jpg
240503054_1686528851537019_4230068331400606632_n.jpg
Some differences:

KIKO100 / J-Custom
S-Series / RG-Series
Mahogany & Maple top / Alder & AAA Maple top & Binding
Edge / Edge Zero w ZPS3
Kiko Ceramic-Alnico-Ceramic / ToneZone-TrueVelvet-AirNorton
Push-pull coil split / no coil-split
Price new (in Bangkok): $3,000 / $3,500
Looks quite good / hardware a bit worn out, some dents
Both necks are quite similar, except for the scallop from 19 to 24 at the KIKO

I like the aesthetics of the J-Custom, but I gravitate towards the KIKO for these reasons: scallop, S-series shape, coil-split, and I could have the opportunity to test before buying, while the J-Custom is at another province.

Which one would you choose?

p.s.: I had to Google to find out who is Kiko. I've never been into Megadeth, but I share his taste for building a custom guitar.

This doesn't sound bad:

Last edited:

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
KIKO100 sold. I was going to pull the trigger 😭

The problem with the J-Custom is that it is in another province. Although he seems to be a reputable seller with a small online shop, I would have to trust him to check things like dead notes for me

Last edited:

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
J custom only because i hate play someone s else guitar.. People expect you play like the signature s name
That is one of the reasons why I sold the JEM7VWH. The KIKO100 is signature-discrete, though. But it is out of the equation now, so I'll go for the J-Custom when I sell the Charvel

PBGas

Inspired
I've had many J-Customs over the years but I would take the Kiko. Really like the design and features on that guitar.

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
20210915_101708.jpg
😭😭😭 I have been too slow 😭😭😭
But I must sell my Charvel ProMod first. I have already lowered the price to $750 with no luck, and I keep lowering it every day.

End of this quest. I will not re-open the GAS valve until I sell the Charvel

Last edited:
Top Bottom