Wish Ibanez DFL flanger

My name is mud

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
42956310-BD31-4E16-AE11-F4C6688B0076.png

The Ibanez DFL was the first flanger to use digital processing, the IDPC (Ibanez Digital Processing Conversion) system which permits wideband, brighter flanging effects that were previously available only with rackmount digital processors. The DFL also features an extra wide 8:1 sweep ratio for deeper, wide-ranging flanging effects. This flanger can be heard throughout Rage Against The Machine‘s music catalog, and can go from “plane takeoff” to “underwater” and unlimited other flanging tones, with an extremely powerful and wide-ranging set of controls.

Width, Speed, Regen, and D-Time full sweep knobs, as well as D-Mode 3 position switch knob that has S (0.5-4 ms), M (1-8 ms), and L (2-16 ms) settings.

Made In Japan
The DFL was sold from 1985-1986.

Attachments

• ibanez-dfl-digital-flanger-schematic.pdf
    139.2 KB · Views: 4
I used to have 3 or 4 of those back in the 90’s, used to be super cheap before Morello got big and the internet started clueing pawn shops into what stuff was worth lol

you can cover that entire range and way more extreme settings with the flanger block in the Axe already.

nothing really unique in that pedal at all, just a basic digital time based effect with a bit wider range of delay times etc, but nothing fancier than just a bit wider range than the purple boss flanger and similar.

It sound more like a phaser to me, the boss purple don’t do that ( I own bf2 and 3)
Yes the list is already big in flange but seing the demos the pedal got many interesting sounds . And yes I like ratm, ok ok 😅

That’s a nice pedal. I have the Ibanez DFC10. That’s a chorus/flanger. It has some really nice chorus tones.

I have a bit of a hard time getting those plane take off or Barracuda type sounds from the Axe fx. Any suggestions for settings?

There was supposed to be a big kaboom?

Sounds cool, but I hear nothing that the current Axe-Fx flanger doesn't already do.
In fact, I think this demo shows LESS range than the FAS model.

Back
Top Bottom