Ian Thornley (Big Wreck) Axe-Fx III

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Any Big Wreck fans here? Big Wreck is my favorite band and Ian is one of my favorite guitar players, and IMO the best singer in rock music. He posted an IG clip today of him with his Axe-Fx III. I know previously he had been using an Axe-Fx II for his effects when playing live, good to see him with a III!

Any Big Wreck fans here? Big Wreck is my favorite band and Ian is one of my favorite guitar players, and IMO the best singer in rock music. He posted an IG clip today of him with his Axe-Fx III. I know previously he had been using an Axe-Fx II for his effects when playing live, good to see him with a III!

Love big wreck! His first solo album under the thornley moniker also rips. I feel like he and big wreck in general are so underrated. His voice and his guitar playing are just incredible. Love the new song bombs away!

The Suhr 2015 Factory Party videos introduced me to Ian and Big Wreck. It's an incredible collection of great songs, tone and talent. Totally get and like the Chris Cornell comparisons.

Holy crap . . . that's AMAZING tone and singing. The Badger model in the Axe does that justice . . . but that voice. It's just absolutely perfect for that song. Wow. I could listen to that all day.

Edit - the amp is a Hedgehog. Maybe Cliff has one to model one day :)

Last edited:
Holy crap . . . that's AMAZING tone and singing. The Badger model in the Axe does that justice . . . but that voice. It's just absolutely perfect for that song. Wow. I could listen to that all day.

Edit - the amp is a Hedgehog. Maybe Cliff has one to model one day :)
Yup...this is the video set that made me ask for a Hedgehog to get modeled. Killer, killer tone.

Ghosts is about my favorite album of theirs. I think they all met at Berklee or something like that, but they're all pretty damn good players...Thornley, though, is next-level good at singing, playing and he's quite good at writing as well.

Have you guys heard the Big Wreck live album “Bag of Tricks”? It was released in 2013, but recently has become available on iTunes and Amazon Music. Might be on other services as well.

It’s an amazing live album. Buy it!!!

Huge Thornley fan.

The pop-rock album from back in the nickelback days was freaking awesome. Ladylike is a classic in search of a worthy audience.

His Suhr party gigs are legend.

Rumored to play a Vetta back in the day. If he can play that thing, he can play a squirtgun and rock. And I still love my Vetta. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom