IA switch changes my RJM Mini Amp Gizmo??

flash6969

Inspired
Hi everyone

I'm running 4CM with my Axe - I have an RJM Amp Gizmo switching channels on my amps. I use my MFC in preset mode (1-5 for presets) & then all the other switches for IA (e.g.: EQ, chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo etc).
I have IA #10 assigned to tremolo & for some reason, when i press the switch it also switches my Amp Gizmo & activates switch #3. I use switch #3 to activate my lead channel on the BE100 amp = tremolo IA switch will change the channel!

Whats going on here & how do I make it stop? None of the other IA switches appear to send midi or change the RJM.

Are your AF2 and Gizmo on the same MIDI Channel? If so, it may be easier for you to have them on separate channels.

Last edited:
Sorry but a little confused as to why they might need to be on different channels?
I guess I'm hoping for an easy solution that might involve changing something in the MFC just for IA #10

Most devices are set to MIDI channel 1 by default. The Axe-Fx is. And the Gizmo is too. They are both listening to MIDI on the same channel. This can cause both devices to respond to certain commands, as in your case.

Tremolo is MIDI CC 90 on the Axe-Fx. So when you push IA 10, you're sending a MIDI Control Change #90 through MIDI channel 1.
But: CC 90 also controls "Function 3" on the Rack Gizmo (see its manual). This causes the Gizmo to respond, because it listens to MIDI on the same channel.

In most cases you want to avoid this. You do this by assigning each device its own MIDI channel. In this case, change the Gizmo's MIDI channel. This allows you to send instructions, such as a preset change or an IA, to one specific device such as the Axe-Fx, while not changing anything on the other device.

There's no way around it. You need to delve a little into MIDI, when you control multiple MIDI devices.

Thanks Yek. That's exactly the info I needed. I suspected as much so thanks for confirming.
I'm off to do some more programming.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom