Wish IA by position

Rook

Power User
I don't know how feasible this is but I would like to be able to assign an IA by position in the grid (ie. 2nd row, 6th column). The reason I want this is to set up a row of IA switches lie this:

(Comp)(drive)(amp x/y)(phaser/flanger/chorus/rotary whatever modulation effect I set up for this patch)(delay)

Scenes is great, but this would also rule :)

Maybe I didn't explain that we'll enough. Um...

Put it this way. I would like to set up the MFC with 5 patches, 5 scenes and 5 IAs (leaving 16 and 17 as default). What I imagine will be most useful to me for the IAs is to have across the row:

Compressor, drive, amp x/y, (blah), delay

Where I have (blah) set differently by patch. Sometimes it might be a phaser or a chorus, sometimes a pitch shifter, or a rotary or that vinyl effect. I thought the most straight forward way to do this woud be to tie that IA switch to an absolute position on the grid, and then place whatever effect I wish to control there. Maybe it could be done with midi cc messages instead?

Like I said, I can get around this using scenes and there is that cool reveal switch, but I finally got around to setting up my MFC and when I was doing the IAs I thought "Aw, man... I have to decide what effect I want here for all my patches. I wish I could..."

So I put it on the wish list. Maybe I am the only person who ever wanted to do that... (Shrug). Anyway, scenes are brilliant, and I chose a phaser for that spot, 'cause phasers are cool :)

A Workaround for your (blah) would be a Axe-Fx Mode NONE IA, manually configurated with a dedicated CC# Number. This #CC Number correspondend to one of the 12 External Controller #CC Numbers. The on/off command for the (blah) block you`ll get, if you connect bypass to a Modifier, correspondening to THE External with the certain CC# Number... So, in Fact you have a "Joker" IA who could switch whatever you connect to ... per Preset.

I have that setup on IA 16 as a wildcard, can control pretty much anything depending on what I need for a given preset or song. Not only bypass, but boosts, changing parameters, other fx that I don't have a dedicated IA for...

Yes, this is already possible using Axe-Fx II programming and General Use IA switches in the MFC-101.

Memory on the MFC is not such that it could store a custom "IA layout" per preset.

Why not set up your wildcard effect parallel to a SHUNT in the main chain and before a MIXER Block? Then have a MIXER X/Y to swap between the random and the shunt, or a blend of the two if that is your fancy.

Back
Top Bottom