I wish we could get them in the UK!

Yes, there is a reason: a lot of people don’t do the math. VAT, customs, shipping... add them up, and you’ll see where that price jump comes from.

Ohhh I do math... I've done export/import of electronic musical instruments from the US to Europe for many years. So yeah, I know it very well, the laws, customs, translation, support, margins, etc... it was my job, so yeah I know math, thank you. And that's also why I can say this is not a good model anymore, not in 2018... in the '70s, '80s and '90s... yeah sure. But not anymore, time has changed. Fractal is very forward thinking when it comes to product development, but not so much when it comes to distribution (sorry, but it's true).

But hey, as said, to each his own... I already wasted enough time here, so have fun!

Maybe there's a reason why it has been discussed so often... as long as they will keep their archaic pricing, regardless how good their services are, in the end, for many people, it's nothing more a shipping warehouse. No thanks for me! To each his own...

G66 rules. Great company and service. I would never buy direct from Fractal in the US. In case of service you have to send the unit back. Look at the UPS page.
Worldwide Express Saver is not that cheap ;-) .

Take a look at other brands from the US. You can buy a Friedman BE100 at Sweetwater for 4000 $. Here in Germany it is 4000 Euro !!. ( 4913 $ ).
Just do the math.

So for me , G66 is a fantastic company. And I am looking forward for the chocolate boxes in each of their packages ;-)

I created this thread as the FIRST EVER thread in the “Axe III Wishlist Forum” - it’s since been moved here and turned into a G66 pro/con thread........... it’s ruined! ;-)

Ohhh I do math... I've done export/import of electronic musical instruments from the US to Europe for many years. So yeah, I know it very well, the laws, customs, translation, support, margins, etc... it was my job, so yeah I know math, thank you. And that's also why I can say this is not a good model anymore, not in 2018... in the '70s, '80s and '90s... yeah sure. But not anymore, time has changed. Fractal is very forward thinking when it comes to product development, but not so much when it comes to distribution (sorry, but it's true).

But hey, as said, to each his own... I already wasted enough time here, so have fun!

Everyone talks about doing the math, but I've yet to see anyone actually do it. Like, I'm seriously curious to see what the breakdown would be. I'd do it myself, but I got lost Googling the different charges/rates and couldn't figure it out.

Everyone talks about doing the math, but I've yet to see anyone actually do it. Like, I'm seriously curious to see what the breakdown would be. I'd do it myself, but I got lost Googling the different charges/rates and couldn't figure it out.

So for Germany it is:

AXE III 2499,-
Shipping 100,-
Customs 104;-
VAT 494;-

3.197 ,-

That's in Euro: 2.600

Despite the fact that you can't buy from the FAS page here, it doesn't make any sense.
Only a few bucks more for a pristine customer service.

Everyone talks about doing the math, but I've yet to see anyone actually do it. Like, I'm seriously curious to see what the breakdown would be.
Here's the math for London:

Axe-Fx III: $2499
Economy UPS shipping: $359
Import duty: $87
VAT: $572

TOTAL: $3517 = €2863

So for Germany it is:

AXE III 2499,-
Shipping 100,-
Customs 104;-
VAT 494;-

3.197 ,-

Despite the fact that you can't buy from the FAS page here, it doesn't make any sense.

Very interesting. Thanks guys! Couple that with extended international shipping times, and tracking issues. I guess it's easy to see why Fractal uses 3rd party retailers.

So for Germany it is:

AXE III 2499,-
Shipping 100,-
Customs 104;-
VAT 494;-

3.197 ,-

To be fair, I think @Spidouz is talking about margins for Fractal. We don't know what price FAS charges G66 for a unit, so these calculations are moot. It is most likely that FAS would increase margins if they just ship to Europe themselves.

But G66 provides a great service, so apparently FAS has decided that this works for them.

@Spidouz
The average price of all the core fractal products is almost $2000 each
(the 3 is 2500, the 2's were 2500, then 2200 then 1800, and every other product was lets say 1500-2000)

The risk of shipping those from the USA to Europe then on top of that- getting adequate payment without charge backs and fraud and whatever else- is not worth the risk when every item they ship is a $2500 bill.

Ship something to Italy- I dare you-
If one of the million people who handle it before it gets to the person you're shipping it to want it- it's gone.

Paypal on international is 4.4% transaction fees - that's $110 right there
Plus shipping, and insurance- and Express mail because Fedex/Ups are unusable internationally-

they're smart

Back
Top Bottom