I wish we could get them in the UK!

Same here, it will be worth the wait though. I've sold some of my pedals off already and have half to put towards the III. Trying to sell my Music Man Majesty to get the rest.

Yeah Germany has all the good stuff :/
Paying on Euro’s can be expensive too if you go down the PayPal route.

Same here, it will be worth the wait though. I've sold some of my pedals off already and have half to put towards the III. Trying to sell my Music Man Majesty to get the rest.

Your guitar looks really good, but I'm also on the list for an Axe III...

G66 are great to deal with.

Your guitar looks really good, but I'm also on the list for an Axe III...

Thanks, Yeah bit of a slow seller over here in the UK. It is a fair amount to shell out I suppose. Shame to sell it really but I'd rather upgrade to the III.

In this era of internet, paypal and international shipping, I just don't understand why Fractal keep using the old school and archaic distribution method by having regional "importers" such G66... It's just an additional step that is completely useless these days. Fractal Audio design a product of the future, it would be time they also update their distribution model to enter into the new era... My 2¢

In this era of internet, paypal and international shipping, I just don't understand why Fractal keep using the old school and archaic distribution method by having regional "importers" such G66... It's just an additional step that is completely useless these days. Fractal Audio design a product of the future, it would be time they also update their distribution model to enter into the new era... My 2¢
Fractal is a small company. For them to get into international retail and support, they would need to hire additional staff. I'm glad that they've found reputable companies to handle that for them.

Fractal is a small company. For them to get into international retail and support, they would need to hire additional staff. I'm glad that they've found reputable companies to handle that for them.

There's nothing complicated to ship international... and the Fractal wouldn't increase by at least $500 because of those "reputable companies" that are no much more than a shipping warehouses. I was working in a small company in Texas, shipping electronic product way more complicated than Axe-FX and we could figure out the whole distribution... it's not rocket science. My 2¢

in Europe we have different economic laws. For this reason non-EU products must first be certified and this takes time and money. G66 also deals with this aspect, we Europeans must wait for this phase to be completed, after which it will be possible for G66 to deliver the first units.
Historically their service is excellent, unfortunately we have to wait a little longer than our friends living in the US, but it is not the fault of either Fractal or G66

:)

There's nothing complicated to ship international... and the Fractal wouldn't increase by at least $500 because of those "reputable companies" that are no much more than a shipping warehouses. I was working in a small company in Texas, shipping electronic product way more complicated than Axe-FX and we could figure out the whole distribution... it's not rocket science. My 2¢

It’s not just delivery. It’s also offering support when needed.

in Europe we have different economic laws. For this reason non-EU products must first be certified and this takes time and money. G66 also deals with this aspect, we Europeans must wait for this phase to be completed, after which it will be possible for G66 to deliver the first units.
Historically their service is excellent, unfortunately we have to wait a little longer than our friends living in the US, but it is not the fault of either Fractal or G66

:)

As far as I know, it's up to the manufacturer to do the EU-certification (such RoHS). And it could also be done for multiple products in the same time and then there's nothing else to do. The unit is already ready for 240V. As said, the whole distributor model was good like 20 or 30 years ago, but not today anymore. It's not what we could call the most efficient model... If only it was to have the product in stores (such Line 6 does), then I would understand, because for the user experience, the support, any return, etc... it's different because the customer deal with a real local store. But for G66, it's not different than Fractal directly... It's the same thing if you do a paypal, visa or wire payement, it's the same thing when you email, it's the same thing when the package will come to your door by an international shipping company.

So yes, G66 service might be good, or even excellent... it's just not relevant anymore; And also, it would avoid to have the Axe-FX III listed at almost $1,000 more than in the US once you had the G66 margin and VAT. For the VAT, there's nothing that could be done... ok, but for the G66 margin, it could be removed by adopting a 2018 distribution model. My 2¢

I'm really tired of this G66 bashing. It's been discussed so often, G66 offers exemplary service and support. I had to ship back my Axe Fx II once and I got a NEW one in two days, no questions asked. It's not just a shipping company!
Shipping it back to the US would have been a real pain.
Not to mention the additional year of warranty customs, blabla..
Having had business relations for almost 10 years with them now - G66 rules

I'm really tired of this G66 bashing. It's been discussed so often, G66 offers exemplary service and support. I had to ship back my Axe Fx II once and I got a NEW one in two days, no questions asked. It's not just a shipping company!
Shipping it back to the US would have been a real pain.
Not to mention the additional year of warranty customs, blabla..
Having had business relations for almost 10 years with them now - G66 rules

Totally.

If the Axe-Fx shipped from the US to me than its likely I'd end up paying more in customs with a high risk of the package getting damaged since it gets held in a holding facility until you pay customs plus their ridiculous fees. Pain having to ship it back to the US for any kind of repairs.

I wonder when G66 will get the first batch of 3s, I'm guessing early May.

I'm really tired of this G66 bashing. It's been discussed so often,

Maybe there's a reason why it has been discussed so often... as long as they will keep their archaic pricing, regardless how good their services are, in the end, for many people, it's nothing more a shipping warehouse. No thanks for me! To each his own...

Maybe there's a reason why it has been discussed so often... as long as they will keep their archaic pricing, regardless how good their services are, in the end, for many people, it's nothing more a shipping warehouse. No thanks for me! To each his own...
Yes, there is a reason: a lot of people don’t do the math. VAT, customs, shipping... add them up, and you’ll see where that price jump comes from.

Back
Top Bottom