Wish I wish AX8-Edit enabled recalling either X or Y or entire block from a library file

LeonC

Inspired
Something like this was referenced here, I believe:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-edit-x-y-scene-issue-using-blocks-library.117168/

What I'm suggesting is that when you recall a saved block (from the library), that you have the option to recall just the x or y portion from the block, or both x and y.

The issue is that I have a number of favorite amp presets in which I've done a bit of tweaking; they're difficult to recreate one setting at a time. I'd like to be able to recall them, e.g., into the y side of some new preset that I'm working on, w/o overwriting the x side. Same for some of my other library files (i.e., cabs, drives, delays, etc.) -- it would be nice to have the option of whether to recall the entire block or just the x or y side from the library file.

Also, you should be able to replace the x block in the preset you're working on with the y block from a library file (or vice versa).

Last edited:
Just ran into this issue last night. I was doing everything on presets before, and now that I've moved to a single preset with scenes it's a lot of work to get my clean and dirty channels that I built in other presets loaded into my new preset. Would be so much nicer to load a saved amp into either the X or the Y side.

It WOULD be helpful, no doubt. I've wished for that, as well.
That said... it's not all that difficult to recall the saved block, use the "Copy X to Clipboard" option, undo the recall of the saved block, and then paste the Clipboard into whichever side you wish.
I can explain further, if you're not familiar with that workaround.

Yeah, gotcha Paul and thanks for pointing that out...but it would still be more straightforward to be able to explicitly decide at the point that you're recalling a block.

It WOULD be helpful, no doubt. I've wished for that, as well.
That said... it's not all that difficult to recall the saved block, use the "Copy X to Clipboard" option, undo the recall of the saved block, and then paste the Clipboard into whichever side you wish.
I can explain further, if you're not familiar with that workaround.

Hmm, I think I get it (without having the UI in front of me). I'll give that a shot once I get home and see if that saves me some tedium. Thanks!

@chris - Precisely. Would be super clean.

So, having the X or Y amp channel loaded in another preset, then copying the channel to the clipboard, and then pasting it into the destination preset amp X or Y location does work (just did it last night). Thanks for the workaround tip paulasbell.

So, having the X or Y amp channel loaded in another preset, then copying the channel to the clipboard, and then pasting it into the destination preset amp X or Y location does work (just did it last night). Thanks for the workaround tip paulasbell.
I've been doing a ton of that lately, so it was fresh in my mind...;)

Back
Top Bottom