I will be joing the club soon! Couple of noob questions...

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
So my Axe FX III will be arriving soon and obviously I'm stoked!

I've done a lot of reading but I still have a couple of questions in order to get things started smoothly when it arrives.

My III will be replacing my XL+ in my studio and my XL+ basically is the center piece of my studio rig right now.
So I use it for tracking but also mixing directly via USB.
Will the III easily replace the XL+ in it's place?
I use Cubase 9.5 with Windows 10 64bit, has anyone run into any trouble with the drivers or can I expect everything to run smoothly?

Also, yek told me that I can use that little utility to load all my user cabs.
I'm planning on loading up at least 1200 IR's from my OH collection, would it be wise to put them all into a folder together, convert and then load them with the utility?
Will all the files be loaded in alphabetical order?
Trying to figure out the best way to load all those IR's into my III...

Thanks!

So my Axe FX III will be arriving soon and obviously I'm stoked!

I've done a lot of reading but I still have a couple of questions in order to get things started smoothly when it arrives.

My III will be replacing my XL+ in my studio and my XL+ basically is the center piece of my studio rig right now.
So I use it for tracking but also mixing directly via USB.
Will the III easily replace the XL+ in it's place?
I use Cubase 9.5 with Windows 10 64bit, has anyone run into any trouble with the drivers or can I expect everything to run smoothly?

Also, yek told me that I can use that little utility to load all my user cabs.
I'm planning on loading up at least 1200 IR's from my OH collection, would it be wise to put them all into a folder together, convert and then load them with the utility?
Will all the files be loaded in alphabetical order?
Trying to figure out the best way to load all those IR's into my III...

Thanks!

Great decision.....:)

The USB audio interface on the Axe-FX III rivals performance of the best dedicated USB audio interfaces.
At the smallest buffer size, total round-trip latency is reported at 3.1ms (which bests most dedicated units).

I've also come to understand that you can sort IR's in the axe fx alphabetically?
That's awesome!!
One of the things from the XL+ that used to bug me was the fact that you couldn't change the order or sorting of all the user cabs once many were filled up.

One more quick question;
I've made a selection of about 1700 IRs.
Can I load them all at once or do I have to load the first 1024 separately?

Thanks, can't wait!

Edit: never mind, sending all 1752 over now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom