I was Told To Sue FAS

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I used to buy a lot of pedals and got a lot of joy from doing it - experimenting with different boutique companies and building new pedalboards. Picking up a pedal here and there also temporarily relieved the GAS pains that would otherwise have led to much more expensive guitar or amp purchases. Since buying my FX8 a few months ago, I haven't bought a single pedal of any kind. I've gone cold turkey. There's just been no reason to do so. But I get sad every now and then because of the joy the new stompboxes would bring me. I explained the dilemma to my wife and my 12 year old daughter must have overheard. This past weekend the two of us were at Chicago Music Exchange. I just needed a few cables and other little things. She was looking at the enormous selection of pedals at the counter and then looks up at me and says..."Dad, you really should sue that company who made your new pedalboard for making you so sad." I thought it was adorable. :D

Yes. Thank Cliff for ending my GAS and sparing our checkbook.

Guitar collection nearly complete. And, even though I'd love to an XL+ and AX8, I don't actually need either.

Funny, I was just saying to my keyboardist yesterday,. I think I have finally completed my rig and I really can't see adding anything to it since my the FX8 replaced everything on my board. I have 15+ devices that wound up in the closet. My bad back has been spared the on-going torture of lugging these around and I could go on about how much easier it's been to manage the sonic landscape. So, am I missing getting new gear? Nope, but one big plus is the funds saved have become available to feed my addiction to guitars....yes!

I used to buy a lot of pedals and got a lot of joy from doing it - experimenting with different boutique companies and building new pedalboards. Picking up a pedal here and there also temporarily relieved the GAS pains that would otherwise have led to much more expensive guitar or amp purchases. Since buying my FX8 a few months ago, I haven't bought a single pedal of any kind. I've gone cold turkey. There's just been no reason to do so. But I get sad every now and then because of the joy the new stompboxes would bring me. I explained the dilemma to my wife and my 12 year old daughter must have overheard. This past weekend the two of us were at Chicago Music Exchange. I just needed a few cables and other little things. She was looking at the enormous selection of pedals at the counter and then looks up at me and says..."Dad, you really should sue that company who made your new pedalboard for making you so sad." I thought it was adorable. :D

I was at CME this past weekend too! Bought a Nash Strat :) Fun place for guitarists!

I'm just glad to have gear that takes up one small corner of my room instead of the whole thing!

The FX8 has definitely relieved my GAS for effects.
After dealing with a G-SYSTEM and having to add hum reducers, buffers, drive pedals, etc just to get the basic tones I need, the FX8 is an excellent investment that not only is more flexible sonically, it's better sounding, takes up half the space and is a breeze to transport and setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's an interesting point of view: Same GAS, less amps => more guitars.
The guitar makers should thank Cliff. Until he releases a guitar modeler...

I haven't purchased a new pedal since the FX8 arrived. And I haven't been tempted. I even sold off a few high end ones that I knew I'd never use again.

Back
Top Bottom