I was featured on the local news for the dumbest thing imaginable.

lol...yeah right :)...anyway....got an "acess denied"....so I guess that is beyond dumb ;)
Damn. Well I posted this to Reddit awhile back and someone interviewed me about the sketch and the web app that accompanies it.

Edit: I realize this is probably really out of place for a musician's forum but I can't resist self-promotion. Then again, isn't that what being a musician is all about? :smile:

Last edited:
Which got you more dates? The app or the news story?

Neither have netted anything which wasn't really the goal as much as making a sketch about how dating in your early 30s in 2019 is a goddamn nightmare and makes no sense to anyone. I'm much more partial to the commercial than the web app itself. I like elaborate gags.

Also check out Season 4 episode 2 of Rick and Morty.

I think I vaguely heard about that one being about a dating app.

So I'm now on People Magazine's site, Ebaumsword and a trillion other sites and people keep telling me I need to monetize it somehow.

Is it weird that all I can think about is making some money off this gag to buy an Axe-FX III?

This is brilliant.

Your monetization angle is for guys to get a 50 mile franchise radius in the app via geolocation tagging by DNS address where the lucky person is the only choice.

You could make it a recurring 30 day franchise auction that goes to highest bidder who also posts 2 pictures and at least 30 words of content. This way you get new bidders every month.

This is brilliant.

Your monetization angle is for guys to get a 50 mile franchise radius in the app via geolocation tagging by DNS address where the lucky person is the only choice.

You could make it a recurring 30 day franchise auction that goes to highest bidder who also posts 2 pictures and at least 30 words of content. This way you get new bidders every month.

I have no idea what the hell you just said, sir.

I suppose I could push for more subs on my YouTube channel and post more batshit insane sketches on the reg. Of course there's no guarantee that any of them will take off but I also have a few media contacts now.

What if I just randomly shoutout Fractal Audio during my interview on Canadian radio tomorrow morning? Free T-shirt?

(yes I realize I'm a nobody but I'm having fun with this)

Back
Top Bottom