I want to update my IRs

frankyandreas

Inspired
I'm interested in what some people's different experiences here.

Do you prefer Cablab? Do you buy Cab Packs individually? I'll be honest, I'm looking for the biggest bang for my buck . . . .having said that I definitely want to upgrade my cab blocks. Nothing against the stock blocks it's just time.

Edit: I realize this belongs on a different board. If I could figure out how to move it I would.

IMO cablab is worth every penny. Being able to buy a cab pack and then blend different mics into one IR, or blend different speakers into one IR is irreplaceable.

IMO cablab is worth every penny. Being able to buy a cab pack and then blend different mics into one IR, or blend different speakers into one IR is irreplaceable.

I have 2 ML cab packs and really dig them. However i've considered cablab for this exact reason. Curious to see what people say.

I bought a couple of cab packs recently and the amount of variety is awesome. So many good sounds to choose from. I haven't dipped into cab lab yet because I can mix 2 IRs in the Axe and I don't even do that much.

I'm interested in what some people's different experiences here.

Do you prefer Cablab? Do you buy Cab Packs individually? I'll be honest, I'm looking for the biggest bang for my buck . . . .having said that I definitely want to upgrade my cab blocks. Nothing against the stock blocks it's just time.

I love Cab Pack 8 ($30) for Marshall 412 TV with the 25w greenbacks for my Plexi Hi 50W. I like how I can pick studio quality multi-mic combos and save that as a user cab WITHOUT having to go down the Cab Lab rabbit hole. I will maybe one day purchase Cab Pack 20 ($75), which includes Cab Pack 8! If you like 412's, Mikko Logrén does great work!

Now it can :) Was no such beast when I bought Cab Lab.

I like to buy things like Cab Lab and IR packages just to "invest" in the tech. Keep the ball rolling so to speak. The cost for me is minimal and I look at it like an investment in the future.

Totally . . . I get %100 of my income from music (at the moment at least . . . ) so I can write any purchases like this off>

My caveat is that I actually took a loss in 2015, so I'm trying to tighten up on spending (just because you can write it off doesn't mean you didn't spend the money :) )

Definitely buy cab lab. I make a lot of my own mixes using irs from fractal cab packs. Usually a 57 with some type of ribbon mic blended in -5 to -10db.

An imvaluable tool to getting your sounds dialed in exactly as you want.

Back
Top Bottom