I want Cliff to release profiles when feature is ready

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
I hope when this is released it is not just "here you go guys have at it", with memo notes and a little example of the actual profiling process.

Cliff owns and has access to some awesome amp/cabs. I hope some are profiled and released to us so that we can make up our own minds if we prefer the results of the modeling or profiling. We will immediately know if what we are hearing from his profiles is better/easier than what we can accomplish from trying to match his modeling with some unknown cab and the correct(unknown) speaker res setting etc....

Cliff has gotten this far on his modeling skills, obviously, and we have a plethora of examples of this in our Axe-Fx II's. We know the joys & pitfalls of dealing with this stuff pretty well at this point. I would love to have some official Fractal released profiles so that I can hear & feel for myself which method I'll be bugging him to do more of in the future.

Cliff clearly stated his opinion on the pros & cons of both methods, and admitted many users might prefer profiling for its more plug'n'play nature. He says all being equal, he still prefers the modeling approach. Let us be the judge, and not just from our own eventual profiles, but from his profiles once this feature is released.(We would expect his profiling to get better results than ours I would think)

My point is I hope he releases some official profiles so we can figure out what we prefer him to concentrate on going forward.(not that he'll listen, but he did say that profiling is being added because of user demand ) So I guess I'm demanding you release some profiles Cliff!! lol

Cliff, If you already planned on releasing some anyway, then ignore me, if you didn't, then re-think your position!! lol

Last edited:
^ Customers ultimately make decisions on what gets added to gear. They decide with their wallets.

USB, Headphone output, reamping, and soon to be profiling are just a few examples of this fact.

If you're the passive go with the flow type, that's good for you. Not me

I'd figure a big point of the profiling option is that it will allow some pressure off Cliff's back for amps he never can or wants to model.
I'd rather have he spends time on truely modeling some amp. Let's hope this will even happen still...!?

OTOH, it shouldn't take that much time if it works well and knowing the hard worker Cliff is... ;) (I guess this can be done by co-workers too).
Anyway, to test this all out, they probably have some profiles we might be getting.

The flood will soon enough be overbearing from all sides, I would think, so for me a moot point.

I hope when this is released it is not just "here you go guys have at it", with memo notes and a little example of the actual profiling process.

Cliff owns and has access to some awesome amp/cabs. I hope some are profiled and released to us so that we can make up our own minds if we prefer the results of the modeling or profiling. We will immediately know if what we are hearing from his profiles is better/easier than what we can accomplish from trying to match his modeling with some unknown cab and the correct(unknown) speaker res setting etc....

Cliff has gotten this far on his modeling skills, obviously, and we have a plethora of examples of this in our Axe-Fx II's. We know the joys & pitfalls of dealing with this stuff pretty well at this point. I would love to have some official Fractal released profiles so that I can hear & feel for myself which method I'll be bugging him to do more of in the future.

Cliff clearly stated his opinion on the pros & cons of both methods, and admitted many users might prefer profiling for its more plug'n'play nature. He says all being equal, he still prefers the modeling approach. Let us be the judge, and not just from our own eventual profiles, but from his profiles once this feature is released.(We would expect his profiling to get better results than ours I would think)

My point is I hope he releases some official profiles so we can figure out what we prefer him to concentrate on going forward.(not that he'll listen, but he did say that profiling is being added because of user demand ) So I guess I'm demanding you release some profiles Cliff!! lol

Cliff, If you already planned on releasing some anyway, then ignore me, if you didn't, then re-think your position!! lol

I am sure all the amps Cliff has are already in the axe fx 2 what would be the difference of the amp modelled already in the axe and a profile of that amp
I think you will still have the same settings to adjust with the profile.
The only advantage I can see is to model amps not already in the axe. so i dont quite understand your Question about Cliff to provide profiles of the amps he has

I couldn't care less if it ever gets added. i'll never use it. I have no amps to model and have way better things to do with my time even if I did.

I think profiling is just showing us how many people can be dazzled by shiny! marketing.
Especially since nearly zero of the people frothing for it have ever even seen a Kemper in person.
The simple fact that its comparatively underpowered tells me the dynamics will stink and thus nothing else matters about it to me.

By the way, get this in the lounge where it belongs IMHO we can at least keep at the K threads in there. They are value free to AF2 users.

^ Customers ultimately make decisions on what gets added to gear. They decide with their wallets.

USB, Headphone output, reamping, and soon to be profiling are just a few examples of this fact.

If you're the passive go with the flow type, that's good for you. Not me

Yes in most cases. In this one I don't think so. Like do you beleieve the Axe is going to nose dive and the POD will be king and put Cliff out of business. Their is a huge difference between a product that even in it's infancy is superior and one that is not so great trying to get there. All I men is this FAS is a different animal. Can you not see that?

I've seen a few posts that seem to imply that profiling is going to be added to the Axe-FX at some point in the (near ?) future. Did Cliff make a post somewhere or is this just wishful thinking on the part of a few people?

It seems like to me... the approach Cliff has taken... you can dial in a range of sounds per each amplifier. From what I've read of the Kemper you profile it at specific settings and although you can tweak it from there it still seems to me Cliff approach is more "authentic" because he's modeled all the components / interactions.

It has been asked that profiles be supplied from Cliff stable of amps but how would that really work... take two guitar players with the same amp and they will dial in two different tones based on what they want to hear. So how many profiles would Cliff have to provide? And why would you want to with the current technology each of us can dial in what we want.

It seems sometimes people ask for things just to ask for things.

I've seen a few posts that seem to imply that profiling is going to be added to the Axe-FX at some point in the (near ?) future. Did Cliff make a post somewhere or is this just wishful thinking on the part of a few people?.
He did, yes. Stated it would be added in an upcoming release.

It seems like to me... the approach Cliff has taken... you can dial in a range of sounds per each amplifier. From what I've read of the Kemper you profile it at specific settings and although you can tweak it from there it still seems to me Cliff approach is more "authentic" because he's modeled all the components / interactions.

It has been asked that profiles be supplied from Cliff stable of amps but how would that really work... take two guitar players with the same amp and they will dial in two different tones based on what they want to hear. So how many profiles would Cliff have to provide? And why would you want to with the current technology each of us can dial in what we want.

It seems sometimes people ask for things just to ask for things.
It's probably the best of both worlds. Use the profile if you want a snapshot tone, but use a full preset when you want all the advanced parameters.

He did, yes. Stated it would be added in an upcoming release.

It's probably the best of both worlds. Use the profile if you want a snapshot tone, but use a full preset when you want all the advanced parameters.

It is interesting... to me it is kind of like you have two different spreadsheet applications both will work for your needs but perhaps operate under the hood differently or have slightly different feature sets but the core functionality is the same... but one runs on Mac and one runs on PC... and you want a single computer to run both so you invest in the hardware, get the one OS buy a utility so you run the other OS and install both the spreadsheets and then... what are you really going to use both spreadsheets?

It seems like a lot of trouble when what you currently have gets you there.

I don't own any amps so I know the profiling part won't be for me (when I get the II). And even though I don't personally get the feature request my hats of to Cliff for listening and making it available. I am sure I'll come across as a negative nancy on this... I think this feature will just end up being rope that a lot of people will hang themselves with. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'm not all about profiling. But I can see the value in having some of that capability.

Now if Fractal puts a spin on it... who knows where it go? Interesting times we live in.

Back
Top Bottom