I want an MFC for Christmas

Me too!!!
I sent an email asking for any info on availability and I keep checking the web site but all the elves must be busy working because I'm not seeing anything yet...

Geez. :roll:

Nice to see the initial run took care of the waiting list. Sorry, I know Fractal is excellent at taking care of their customers 99.9999% of the time but on this instance they really dropped the ball.

bstaley said:
Geez. :roll:

Nice to see the initial run took care of the waiting list. Sorry, I know Fractal is excellent at taking care of their customers 99.9999% of the time but on this instance they really dropped the ball.
In all fairness you have to remember that this isn't Boss or Digitech where they've got their own factories and are stocking shelves on every retailer across the nation. And to get stock it takes a lot of capitol and without really knowing 100% what the sales are going to be like from the get go you can't order thousands of these things and plan on them selling out in a few days. There are always a lot of people that talk about buying stuff, but when push comes to shove their wallet closes shut.

I personally won't be buying one because $700 is just a bit on the steep side for my application. Pretty sure that in this economy it's the same way for a lot of people that even want one.

Not making excuses or anything, but I don't think that they dropped the ball; it's just a different business model.

I understand what you're saying and I even understand Cliff's eventual explanation of why things turned out the way they did. The bottom line is many of us were going by what we originally told and that is that the first batch would go toward processing the waiting list. The European waiting list got processed but the US list is still waiting. By the time we were given an explanation of why the "waiting list" was really a "discount list" the inventory was already gone.

I have nothing personal against Fractal or Cliff. I think the guy is brilliant and has given tremendous customer service for the past few years. Again I say, in this instance it was handled improperly. Sorry, nobody is perfect.

At the very least I think those on the waiting list should have been sent a bulk email stating when inventory is expected and a ballpark idea of when we will have our MFC.

Definitely agree. I love my fractal stuff, and I think we are really lucky to be able to deal with cliff and have direct feedback on his products, and he works to implement our ideas and desired models. I just wish they could just send out the coupons to the 'wait list' and let us duke it out in the fractal store. It sucks waiting for an indefinite amount of time for some coupon that may or may not come. I'd have no problem waiting to get lucky enough to snag an mfc from the store...
Oh well! Christmas 2011 for me. Also, fractal should sell giftcards. Would have been on my list for sure haha.

It has become the running Christmas and Birthday joke with my kids (who are adults). “What do you want for Christmas Dad?” I blurt out, “A Fractal Audio foot controller”. They say, “How about something that they actually make?” At least this year I can tell them that the MFC-101 is in production. However the saga of the wait list just has them shaking their heads.

What is even more interesting is how time seems to have slowed. I happened upon the email confirming that I am on the wait list. I could have sworn that it was a couple of years ago that I got on. Sadly it was in early 2009. Wait, that was almost two years ago. Anyway, I’ve been asking for a MFC-101 since Christmas 2008. So yeah, 2011 is looking like maybe when it might happen, maybe.

Maybe if Cliff had more elves. :roll:

I guess it [really] boils down to how bad do you want one?
I got on the wait list in May.. 2010!!!
At the rate the coupons from the "list" are going, it would be 2012 before mine arrived!
So I did what any good upstanding citizen would do - I lurked on the Yahoo store site (in Oct) and kept clicking "buy" until it showed that I had one in my basket, then I went ahead and bought it!
Done!! Finito!! Over!! 4-days later it was at my door. :eek:
To heck with the coupon... I paid full price and it has been worth every dime. :mrgreen:

s0c9 said:
Done!! Finito!! Over!! 4-days later it was at my door. :eek:
To heck with the coupon... I paid full price and it has been worth every dime. :mrgreen:

Sounds simple enough except for the fact that most of us have been waiting for weeks to buy one at full price with no such opportunity.

Yeah, I know.. supply issues.
I believe the first "run" is long gone and no idea on lead time for next one.
I'm happy to have "snagged" both my Ultra and the MFC when I did.

Doesn't help others I know, but hang in there.. I'm sure FAS is frantically whipping up another batch.

Back
Top Bottom