I used firmware 13 the other night live for the first.

Larry Mitchell

Power User
All went great! It sounded thick. I didn't change anything else about my patches just the ultra res version of my main redwirez cab IR

I have been asked a few questions about it so I made a little video actually a couple of dry ones as well on my YouTube page. This one I'm going back and girth between high res and ultra res cab. Almost sounds like a different cab. But it's the same. :0)

Also I feel the difference more than hear it I believe.

In this video The guitar is going stereo out of the Axe Fx II into pro tools. 1998 Ibanez custom shop blazer ash body, maple top. DiMarzio 36 anniversary pickups.

:0)

Last edited by a moderator:
That UR cab does indeed sound different (and better, IMO) even through youtube and my Macbook Pro speakers..
Great to see and hear you play Larry.. I always dig your tone.

Thanks Larry. I gigged on Thursday with about 5-6 of the own hammer UR cabs. A couple cabs thumped nearly as strong as the kick and were competing with bass.

I need to dial lows with headphones before tonight's gig because my Adam S2-A don't reach that low well enough to rely on. UR Cabs feel great but some can bring the thunder which isn't always desirable.

sounds great , couldn't make out the cab in the video though which cab is this?
I've never used the supertweed model , gonna have to give that a spin now :)

Sounds really good! Hey Larry... question, did you have any issues getting used to a middle pup ? I always have a picking issue with it for some reason.

Hi Soxstring,
Hmmm I don't remmber when I first started using a middle pickup that had to 35-38 years ago. :0) I don't have a problem going back and for between strat type guitars with middle pickups and les Paul type without though. I think you just get used to
Picking around it. I have to hold my hand in a different position on the different guitars anyway. Due to the bridge style being different.

Thanks for checking out the video
Larry

Could not agree with you more Larry. I have been reworking a few of my presets with the v13 cabs and I am just amazed at the difference. Always enjoy listening to you play Larry. A man and his guitar is a beautiful thing.

Sounds great Larry. Yes, it's amazing to me how much better the hires cabs sound, too. Even in phones the sense of spaciousness and stereo spread is so different that it is almost like 2 cabs or the difference between stereo and mono. The ride just keeps getting better and better with this box.

Thanks for that. Definitely can tell the difference, but more so with the riffs than the full chords.

Just came across your v13 vids last night and am loving the tone! I'm going to have to check that Super Tweed out as it sounds amazing in your videos! Don't suppose you'd consider sharing the IR details? Also did you manage flatten out your global EQ or are you still chopping lows and highs with that?

Cheers
Spence

Last edited:
Those 36th anny DiMarzio's sounds great. Have them in my LP...

You're a great player for sure

Larry

Have to agree completely. The sound with the UR cabs really seems to come alive. Thanks for sharing the vid and your playing. Never disappoints.

Cheers

Lee

Back
Top Bottom