I use vol block for all patches but the volume is always set to 0 at start

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
So I've got no sound coming out of my presets unless
1 change it manually in Axe edit or
2 connect my midi controller and turn up the volume.

How do i set to max volume always and then when the expression pedal (midi) is plugged in it react to the pedal?

thanks!

If I follow you correctly, don't think you can achieve that

I'm guessing you have a modifier attached to the Volume Block's Level control - without a CC value being sent (either from MIDI or Expression Pedal etc) it defaults to zero

Although I wonder if you could deliberately reverse the Modifier settings..?
thinking.gif

Wow. Great question and answer. I too have the same setup. 90% of the time I have everything connected exp pedal wise. Sometimes I take the AF2 home from practice and when I fire up my presets I just bypass the VOL block. This is a great alternate solution.

Reactions: sam
Or do what sam said...
blushing.gif

Goddamnit... all these years I've struggled on...

laughing.gif

thumbsup.gif

There's a lot of depth and complexity to the axe-fx. Sometimes I forget about settings such as this one and it starts to seem like magic. That's why I read the forum so much. Got to try to keep on my axe-fx game! :p

Shame it's only 0% or 100% with nothing in between though...

I'd need a value of 79% to match to my 'default' Volume CC level of 100 (on the 0-127 MIDI value range)

I use a CC for Pan too and was always frustrated that it defaults to one side only without any alternate MIDI CC value present. Switching it to 100% just throws it to the other side, so still no cigar there for me

True, but at least for volume control I've found that when not hooking up my pedals I use the volume knob instead, so it's been ok for me.

Hi All,

Assuming you have an MFC, you can try setting up a solo patch using the global volume (instead of another effect like the EQ). I did this on button 6 of my MFC:

Edit>Midi>Right Bank 7 times, Up until you get the IA Button you want and change Axe-FX Parameter to None
Page Right, Up again until you select the correct IA button again and set your CC# to 011
Page Right 1 more time, Up again until you select the correct IA button and you can set the Off and On (make sure to set the IA number again). I have my Off at 105 and my On at 127 (Matt's settings - but you may have to tweak).

Since this is global I believe it will work on every patch and still allow you to use your volume pedal. This would work for non MFC as well.

H/T to Matt

On the front panel go to IO -> MIDI, then scroll down to Ext Ctrl # Init Val and change to 100%
Good thinking Sam!
A lot of you guys out there are really on top of this stuff…only goes to show the value of this forum!

(I still don't understand why it's happening to him. I routinely put a Vol/Pan at the start of my presets and have never had this problem.)

Reactions: sam
HA! I seriously forgot this and looked it up on google to see if anyone has had the same problem... ME.. Well thank you guys once again!

Back
Top Bottom