I upgraded my new LTD EC-1000 BB (with sound examples)

The Raven

Inspired

What's up again everybody!

I made another video discussing the upgrades I did to my EC-1000 that I posted about a few months ago now. If you want to jump straight to the sounds, you can skip to 3:50.

The short version: I installed some Gotoh locking tuners, the EMG 57/66 TW set, and a side spring clip on the Evertune to correct some saddle buzz this guitar arrived with. There were some minor headaches with the process, but everything turned out fine so I'm perfectly content.

If you've seen my other posts, you'll know that I use the Axe Fx III and @York Audio IR's on all the guitars you hear in the video, but I figure I should mention it again just in case. No post-processing on anything aside from very minimal "mastering" with small EQ moves and a limiter to get the overall level up.

All in all, really liking the changes I made to this guitar. Its still a metal machine, but I think it feels and sounds better than it did with the stock pickups.

Anybody else get one of these new 2021 LTD's? How did you feel about it? Any upgrades you made?

Thanks for checking out my post. If I could be so bold as to make a request too: If you liked the video/tones, would you mind heading over to YouTube and giving it a 'Like'? Trying to build up a channel from nil is hard and the likes seem to encourage YouTube to recommend my videos to more people.

Regardless, let me know what you think about the video if you decided to watch it. I'm always down to talk guitars and get feedback to help make my music/videos better.

Thanks again,

Seth

Back
Top Bottom