I tried hard to not go all honeymoon...

randombastage

Experienced
I really was trying to contain myself, especially since this is my third Fractal unit so I have been down this happy-new-toy-road before a few times. Started with the Ultra, switched to the II when it first came out and sold it in Dec of 2011. Around firmware 9 I think. Played with all sorts of other brands from Kemper to..well you name it, I've owned most of them more than once...

Well about 36 hours ago I picked up a mint condition AxeFx II XL and didn't really expect to be all that impressed being as jaded as I am towards modeling in general I was just hoping it still had some of the magic I loved before and figured there would be some improvement, there always is...one of the plusses for Fractal owners is the continuing support.
Impressed is such a weak description though, I've slept very little since it arrived, my fingers are sore, and not from tweaking...from playing...I haven't touched any of the deep pages. I haven't felt I needed to at all.

I'm amazed by the feel and sound of the amps. And I've only played about FIVE of them! That is how lost in the music I'm getting with this thing!

Somewhere between version 9 and 15.06 things have really developed into a new paradigm from my perspective, the FEEL, scenes... so much better sounding....everything is really cooking now. I honestly think a pair of CLR's will send all my amps stacked into a corner of the room until I finally realize I need to sell them.

Well done team Fractal. This thing is absolutely worthy of the buzz in my opinion. Understated in fact.

This is the rig (stereo tube power amp behind TopHat for the two 1x12's) I just put together before getting the bug up my butt to try an AxeFx again because the Liquidfoot Jr+ was giving me fits trying to get it all programmed to work with it...
122zxxh.jpg

Now the Jr+ is synched up just right with the AxeFx and all is well...really really well. Time to remodel the playing area...
+

Last edited:
welcome back, try using some FRFR (I use atomics) I have been a tone chaser for 25 years, I purchased my axe 2 6 mo ago and never looked back I sold all my equipment except for some highly collectables.

Back
Top Bottom