I tried 4CM even bought the cables

vspinner

So 4CM wasn't for me, and I'm stuck with the humbuster cables, can they be used for other cabling without tone issues?

So 4CM wasn't for me, and I'm stuck with the humbuster cables, can they be used for other cabling without tone issues?
Humbuster cables can be used on other gear - no problems.

Like @searching said, interested to know why you didnt like it? Its not something you can set up in like 5 minutes; it takes some time to get it right

Like @searching said, interested to know why you didnt like it? Its not something you can set up in like 5 minutes; it takes some time to get it right[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I'm a (partial, like half the time) 4CM guy and it really works like a charm. Just make sure to check your levels.

I just ordered some humbuster cables because I'm going to try the 4cm with my Mesa JP2C. Any hints on setting up beyond whats in the Axe-Fx manual? Thanks.

I just ordered some humbuster cables because I'm going to try the 4cm with my Mesa JP2C. Any hints on setting up beyond whats in the Axe-Fx manual? Thanks.
Setting up the MFC MIDI to switch channels on the amp when you switch scenes is a little tricky, but not too bad. I just set mine up on my TC50 and there are a couple of things that aren't exactly obvious, but it works great once you figure it all out.

I like my setup with 4-cable method and will probably stick with that for the band. It is nice being able to record direct with the modeling and IRs though.

I run my Axe in stereo for years with no additional components, not even a pedal.
Recently bought a tube head as I didn’t had a real amp for years (because of the Axe).
I must say that 4CM is a killer setup and I use it a lot.
I actually took it to another level of W/D/W, so the FX etc instead of going into the amp head return are going out the Matrix stereo setup (GT1000 + 2 x NL212), the sound is not less than a killer!!!
It’s actually the best sound I ever had, combining a real head with the Axe goodness + heaving a MMGT22 controlling this spaceship rig, man that’s is so powerful.
However, it’s for home use only, I will never drag for a gig a 2 2x12 + 4x12 + amp head + 6U rack and…. A full blown pedal board.

Yes, the midi thing took a little time + programming specific presets for 4CM but it’s worth every second, it is a very good sounding setup.

What are the benefits of 4cm?

For me, the fact that I can use a real tube amp and place Axe FX effect (blocks) in front of the amp as well as in the loop of the amp. Midi allows me to change scenes on the Axe FX and change amp settings at the same time (your amp needs to be controlable by Midi for this off course),

Another benefit in comparison with pedals going into the amp, if I would use, let’s say, a Flanger pedal, I would be kinda stuck on one particulair setting, by using the Axe FX, I can program and recall multiple Flanger types and settings.

Back
Top Bottom