I tone matched...MYSELF!

Jeries

Power User
In 2008 I was in a band called halfMute- we recorded a 3 song EP that I'm still very proud of...

Since I have all the master tracks- I tonematched myself. On a song called Soul Spill

I recorded it in 2008- using a Crate Blue Voodoo head, (and maybe a tubescreamer and ISP Decimator)...
The day after I finished recording- I bought a Mesa Boogie Road King- and after 9 months of working on 3 songs- I had no desire to re-record all my guitars with a new amp- but i'm happy with the tone on it out of the BV.

I used a SLO-100 Preset tweaked it and tonematched it...I'm really impressed- I think it turned out well

First is the orig song, then the orig guitar isolated, then the tone match- I would have done the solo section but didn't want to tune half step down to record it.

I'm extremely happy with the result.

there are some lower mids in the axe recording that are not present in the original recording .. but comes pretty close ;)

i just tonematched some metallica and nickelback stuff this morning .. not THAT impressed what i was hoping for but close enough for most of my needs

Back
Top Bottom