I Thought The "Tourette's Tuner" Was To Be Fixed In 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
The high E & B strings on my guitars still have the 'shakes' in 7.0

Cliff said not too long ago that the jumping tuner was to be addressed for the 7.0 release. What happened??

I still can't tune open A or lower on bass without it twitching around. Yeah you can tune from harmonics, but it'd be nice to just be able to hit an open and have it lock and work smoothly.

The tuner accuracy on the MFC does not match what is displayed on the front panel of the Axe II it's actually pretty bad. Hope this gets looked at soon.

Yup, it's definitely off and was used for less than a gig then went back to the front panel. I have to strategically place the axe close to the front of the stage where I can see it instead of having it in the back safe from drunks and chics dancing around.

The tuner accuracy on the MFC does not match what is displayed on the front panel of the Axe II it's actually pretty bad. Hope this gets looked at soon.

Same here. I realized this on stage. I was really out of tune. I bet this is gonna get fixed soon. That´s the good thing with the Fractal stuff. It will get fixed :D

I have problems with the low E string on pretty much all my guitars(Standard and a halfstep down)
The higher strings are mostly fine though.
My other tuners don`t have any problems.

Can there be differences from unit to unit..? Since a lot don`t seem to have the problem at all.
My guitars are well set up with medium action.

That is the only thing I am not happy about with the Axe FX though :)

I simply don't use the tuner on the Axe. It merely starts to piss me off after wondering what the hell is going on with my tuning. So I just have a TC Electronics Polytune that I go back and forth between takes. It's extra time, but at least I don't have to worry about trying to follow some crazy magic 8 ball or a line that stays put for about a microsecond.

Is it nuts that a +$2,000 unit doesn't have a decent tuner? A bit. But then again, that's not why I bought the thing. Good news is I've got a good tuner with me. If I were playing live, I'd just have it patched in between me and the Axe.

Someone needs to make a video showing the problem. I have tested the tuner with six different guitars and a bass and it works perfectly for me.

Is there a trick to getting it to work better (i.e., turn down guitar volume, pluck X times, pluck near fretboard ...)

I too have problems with this, but every tuner made has some quirks to getting it to work the best.

The only thing I've ever found that helps a little is to use the neck pickup and turn the tone all the way down. I've also found that it only locks well when the strings are at the low point of their vibration,. i.e. shortly before the vibration dies off. I've tried lowering the volume and what not but it didn't help.

The old tuner (pre-6.0) was definitely much more stable for me (i.e. no complaints). As the OP said, the high E and B strings have the "shakes". I get this with a Les Paul, Strat, and Tyler Variax (both magnetic pickups and models). With my PolyTune pedal, everything is rock solid and tuning is fast.

I'll try to get some video together.

I pluck with the fleshy part of finger and wait until it has died down a bit and it's smooth as silk then.

The high E & B strings on my guitars still have the 'shakes' in 7.0

Cliff said not too long ago that the jumping tuner was to be addressed for the 7.0 release. What happened??

I thought I was only one experiencing this...yup high b and e string to be exact

Yeah, but I expect a tuner to work with any pickup with volume and tone turned up - so as to get the highest output to the tuner as one would expect. I would not expect to have to adjust the guitar so that the tuner works... Wouldn't buy such a tuner, would you?
Take the Korg Pitchblack - it works like a charm no matter what you do with your guitar or how you attack your strings. Even with humbuckers connected out of phase which is IMHO very difficult to determine the exact pitch from the tinny frequencies. Can it be really that difficult to incorporate such a basic function into this high-end product?
Not complaining just asking.

Someone needs to make a video showing the problem. I have tested the tuner with six different guitars and a bass and it works perfectly for me.
While I still have a little wobble on the Low "B" on my 5-string bass, all my other guitars are spot on, whether direct or using the MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom