I think the answer is NO, but......

yes. Setup/IO/then go down to input configuration and set input 1 source to spdif. In the Digital IO section set the spdif out source to output 1. then in your daw set the output of the DI track to spdif, and the input source of the new track to spdif, and you should be good.

No doubt. My only issue is I’m out of analog IO on the interface,
Can‘t understand your problem.
You said, you intend do have a signal path using S/PDIF only.
So why do you concern about missing analog IOs on your interface ?
You simply use the digital outs / ins.

Not sure why I can’t get this working. Setup> audio input 1 spdif/AES. SPDIF sends and returns in my daw look as they should. Typically only send to the daw from the fractal SPDIF so I know that works. Nothing showing on the metering on the fractal at all. Any tips?

It can be done. spdif to/from the Apollo and the AxeFX. Set your digital in and out to spdif. Make sure you're using the right channels in your DAW.

But, this seems like an academic challenge rather than a practical example :). One would normally do this via USB.

It can be done. spdif to/from the Apollo and the AxeFX. Set your digital in and out to spdif. Make sure you're using the right channels in your DAW.

But, this seems like an academic challenge rather than a practical example :). One would normally do this via USB.
I’m not using the fractal as an interface. How would it be done USB? I have an Apollo x8.

In the IO menu also make sure you scroll over to the USB/AES tab and adjust the input gain control. last one marked AES/Spdif, see if that helps.

I’m not using the fractal as an interface. How would it be done USB? I have an Apollo x8.

There are a number of options but the first thing I would suggest is using an aggregate device so you can get the best of all your different choices.

Why are outputs 19 and 20 grayed out in the UA console? Aren't you using those to reamp?

There are a number of options but the first thing I would suggest is using an aggregate device so you can get the best of all your different choices.

Why are outputs 19 and 20 grayed out in the UA console? Aren't you using those to reamp?
Aggregate device not an option on windoze, unfortunately. I’m going to poke around on UA and see why those are greyed out.

Bruce, I just finished my rotation at work so I am off now for a little while. I will play around tomorrow and see what results I get and get back to you. I am not running a UA interface, but I should be able to get you going in the right direction at least.

Just use USB :). If you can't make an aggregate device because you're on Windows, then switch your I/O device to the AxeFX while you're recording/reamping guitars. Life is too short to spend it wrestling with things like this :).

Everything looks right and I can confirm this isnt working over here. I turned mirroring off so my spdif output channels are no longer greyed out on the interface control panel. Everything looks good in the axefx and my DAW routing looks to me like it makes sense. Im stumped here.

Everything looks right and I can confirm this isnt working over here. I turned mirroring off so my spdif output channels are no longer greyed out on the interface control panel. Everything looks good in the axefx and my DAW routing looks to me like it makes sense. Im stumped here.
Are your seeing input level on your axe when sending something from the daw via spdif? Lol because I couldn't even get that happening.

Back
Top Bottom