I think my left outputs are going bad???

schlagdog

Inspired
I actually just thought the static pops I got sometimes while recording were from the AXEFX not playing right with protools. I now know since getting some EV112p's the popping is from my left outputs. I usually use the outputs in the FXLOOP to power my poweramp and 4x12 which i usually play 99% of the time. So since going FRFR i now see my left outputs are the problem. I changed cords, speakers, and have it narrowed down to the left outputs on the back. Both the xlr and the line out do the same thing and the right sides seem to work perfectly. It kinda sounds like a static pop like you get when the USB doesn't play right with your computer while recording. I also made sure my patch wasn't overloading CPU or clipping and I am all good. Any suggestions if it could be something other than the left side outputs going bad. Thought I'd ask here before contacting Fractal support and having to return my unit.

I ATTACHED APATCH THAT SEEMS TO CAUSE ALL SORTS OF ISSUES ON THE LEFT OUTPUTS. Maybe someone could try it and see if its just overloading or oddly corrupt. Like I said, the right side outs have no problems just the left side popping and crackleing.

Attachments

• DAS METAL+UBER CAB.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nevermind on the patch. Its actually starting to get worse and just do it on every patch.

Last edited:
SCORE! I actually may have fixed it. Does the AXEFX need its system reset on a reg? I just reset the system parameters and powered the unit off and it seems to be gone for now. I'm hoping that was all it took and maybe I had something really odd happening. SO FAR SO GOOD. It was getting really really bad, worse and worse the longer I played.

I love self correcting problems-glad we could be of assistance!

I ran through what I thought was every test I could think of. Different cables, speakers, outputs, patches and guitars. Finally gave up and posted as a last resort then thought of trying a system reset. I don't know why the left side outputs would start acting all crazy and slowly get worse and worse.

SCORE! I actually may have fixed it. Does the AXEFX need its system reset on a reg? I just reset the system parameters and powered the unit off and it seems to be gone for now. I'm hoping that was all it took and maybe I had something really odd happening. SO FAR SO GOOD. It was getting really really bad, worse and worse the longer I played.

Well just wait till you turn on the power again...
Sry really bad morning humor....

I usually have more problems with my bottom output...!
Some days it's spewing all ones, other days just zeroes... :mrgreen

And it's the one output that really matters! :p

Back
Top Bottom