I think my axe FX is fried :(

phil36uk

Inspired
Just updated it and was having a bit play, made some new patches and all of a sudden just made popping noise and no audio..:nightmare:

Click on pic for video.

When I switched it back on this was all I got. I'm gutted. :(

Make sure you have a backup for your AF2.
What would you do if the AF2 shuts down during or just before a gig?

I find it interesting that the majority of the "dead Axe" posts I see are from outside the states. I wonder if their shipping handlers are worse than UPS.

The Axe should handle both 110 and 220 voltages. My point was more to do with irregularities in voltage. Even in the US you get spikes and dips, but 220 volts can do a lot more damage than 110 volts. I'm not saying that's what happened here just pointing out that different electrical systems handle power differently.

Make sure you have a backup for your AF2.
What would you do if the AF2 shuts down during or just before a gig?

Well I know this now, but you just don't expect a 2 grand piece of kit to go down on you after a few months. I had a boss GTPRO for 7 years and never failed once. I had a JMP-1 for 4 years and never failed once. Never needed a backup. Now I know I do.

Do you have the USB connected? If so, disconnect it and try again. I don't know if it's the same thing, but some have experienced freezing with USB plugged in after the update.

Do you have the USB connected? If so, disconnect it and try again. I don't know if it's the same thing, but some have experienced freezing with USB plugged in after the update.

Yeah the USB was connected as i'd just update the firmware. I tried unplugging it and leaving it but it is still the same. Found a vid of the problem on Youtube, it's a power supply issue. A guy said he contacted G66 and they sent a new one out.

Got a Boss GT10 to get me over the weekend so hopefully should get sorted soon.:)

Yeah I've done that already, cheers. :)

It was in a surge protected adapter.
Mine was too. The power supply itself is available from Mouser I think, but tech support had me up and running very quickly as it was still under warranty when I blew mine.

Back
Top Bottom