I think I really hate IRs

How do you like to dial in stuff on Two Notes WoS? Do you place the mics fairly far from the cab? How many mics? Any EQ, comp, reverb, etc. you use as well? There's more to Two Notes than just IRs for a "dialing in the room" sorta sound.

>>>> I’m using the two motes cab mainly, which I guess is similar to wos but a little more limited in that you can only use 1mic, at least until an upcoming firmware. So just use one mic, generally don’t use any comp, have met really used any eq with the axe FX but have when using real amps. Will move the mic off center and use distance but not to extreme levels, maybe somewhere in the range of 5 to 15%

And there's a lot you can do in the Axe-Fx too for a "dialing in the room" sound, other than just flip through IRs. You can mess with Room & Mic Spacing settings in the Cab block's Advanced page. If you're using multiple IRs, you can adjust Mic Distance parameter to give it a sense of space. Some find the Smoothing parameter to help. There's the Preamp page with its EQ, comp/distortion, etc. And you can always use another block entirely like the Reverb block to add a room in.

>>> yep have played around with the parameters to varying degrees of success but to me not as pleasing

Two Notes uses IRs just the same as the Axe-Fx. But if you're utilizing Two Notes for more than just its IR capability (by placing the mic far from cab, putting EQ, comp, reverb, etc.), you probably need to do more stuff on the Axe-Fx too than just IRs. And there's options available just the same if not more.

>>> your prob right, just to me it’s seems to be easier to grab the mic amid move it around until it sounds like what I want in a GUI vs checking lots of different parameters to see what they do, how they compliment or work against each other.

>>> your prob right, just to me it’s seems to be easier to grab the mic amid move it around until it sounds like what I want in a GUI vs checking lots of different parameters to see what they do, how they compliment or work against each other.
Sure. We all have preferences for what's easier, some of us like a GUI and others of us like the specificity of individual parameters. But it's not too hard at all once you learn the Axe-Fx a bit.

BTW, quoting and responding work with [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] (without the space in bracket) ;)

Reactions: bke
I'm too intimidated by cabs. There're just too many. And to me, it's nothing more than an EQ curve. There's probably more to it than that, but it just seems like I'm flipping though various EQ curves and I eventually forget the tone I'm going for. That's the main reason I stick with one amp and try just a couple cabs. My brain can't process the concept of IRs.
Whoever created thousands and thousands of cabs... must be the same guy who created 500 fishing lures... when 2% of the fishermen catchb98% of the fish.
And these tones we have, took 30 yrs for most of us to gain access to, as they were garded secrets. And tones today, that are garden secrets. We are all tone chasers.. kind of nutty. Lol. If I had Eddies tone back in 1980, would I really be a threat to him? Or would I now like Vito Bravo now equally as Eddie if they had the same tone? It's not the fingers we are chasing?
I have sounds I gravitate towards, but that's after I start getting really picky.. all these presets are smokin. My brain melts every time I turn the dial. What would I do if I was at the playboy mansion.. how do I pick a bunny? They are all bunnies.
It's a good problem to have... but it's some sort of temporary insanity relm.

Guys, I start to feel a bit sick when I look into this abyss:
:oops: :eek:
n6t843.jpg

too many IR's, so little time... :rolleyes:

I think I need help... :p

Guys, I start to feel a bit sick when I look into this abyss:
And I thought I was the only one... I was looking through the User Cabs yesterday after a G12-65 4x12 cab, got up to 800 and still couldn't find it. Later that night I looked at the cab wiki and discovered it's in "User 2!" Uggh!

We should prolly keep quiet about this though or Cliff may "execute order 66" and BAM! all our cabs are gone. ;)

Edit: it's Factory Cabs not User Cabs! :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom