Bug? I think I messed up multi delay

Harm

Experienced
Hi all,

In short: I bought an mfc-101 to go with my axe 2. I reset everything to factory presets on both units. Updated both devices, etc. Everything according to instructions.

Then I started fiddling with stuff like we all do. I did do something with the delays (connected mix to expression pedal etc. I probably did something in some menu of the multidelay too. Now, when I use STOCK presets, like "euro blue" or Recto modern" the delay goes babanat. Id just keeps going and starts to make swishy sound. I do hear a response when I tap the tap delay button, but is still keeps going.

Where do I have to look? My guess is I changed a global setting, but don't know which one. Oh yeah and in the axe editor it says unlinked and it seems to be when I use "quad tap".

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards, Harm

Last edited:
when the delay keeps going like that, it's the feedback level that's set really high. if it's doing it with multiple presets, then somehow you've made a global block out of that delay and set the feedback really high. so the first thing to do would be to find the feedback parameter in the delay block and turn it to zero to stop it running. then you'll have to have a look and see about undoing the global block thing. i'm really fuzzy on this, because i don't use them, but hopefully someone will chime here with the solution...

go to utility on the front panel and find "strip all global data"

let us know if that fixes it or not

Thank you Simeon! As soon as Im home I will do that. Sounds like the solution to me.

Maybe you remember me from the G-force yahoo group? You really helped me out there too. Thanks man!

Harm

Hi Simeon,

No, didn't work. That is: I think the damage is done. I mean: You were right about the FB level. It was at 100%. I now did what you said and deleted all global settings, but of course in all the presets the setting remains at 100%
Glad that it was a minor issue though. I will now restore bank A (saved all my presets on the pc) and build it back up. Since I only had 5 presets it's a small chore.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards, Harm

Unfortunately nothing worked. I detached the mfc-101, I deleted everything I could delete. Then I restored factory settings bank A,B and C. Still the same problem (still mfc unconnected. Looking back the only thing I forgot was to power the axe off and back on after that.
Then I used the fractal bot to put back all factory banks. That did the job.

So: problem solved, but took a bit of thinking.

Kind regards, Harm

If I recall correctly, the Master Feedback defaults to 100% (0-200 range). It really is just a basic proportion control for what you have the underlying feedback parameters set to on the more advanced pages. I think those default to 20-25% or something like that. They probably change based on the type of delay block you select, etc.

Back
Top Bottom