I think I just shot my new favorite IR

Thanks for all the compliments. I actually have you guys to thank for this since if it wasn't for the requests I probably would've done 4x12s for as long as possible. :lol So thank you guys for helping me find what I was looking for in the wrong places.

That sounds fantastic! when's it available? :p

I think I'll try to push this one out as soon as possible. Maybe in a month or two? This one will most likely have three cabs in the same Cab Pack. :) I do have other Cab Packs waiting also. I've done 9 Cab Packs at this point... of which only 3 are out. :) There's lots of exciting stuff on the way.

I hate to be in the minority, but I thought the rhythm guitar tracks sounded muffled. (No, I'm not talking about the intro.) Guess I just prefer a little more bite to my guitars.

Regardless, I'm sure the Cab Pack will turn out great, Clark.

I hate to be in the minority, but I thought the rhythm guitar tracks sounded muffled. (No, I'm not talking about the intro.) Guess I just prefer a little more bite to my guitars.

Regardless, I'm sure the Cab Pack will turn out great, Clark.

It's the bass track. I mixed that around 3AM so I couldn't use my speakers and that's why the mix is crap. :D The bass is way over the top.

Sounds great for a raunchy rock n' roll rhythm, not sure if I love it for leads (just being honest per my own subjective taste) but gives a great tonal option to the existing big cab stuff. Bet it would work fantastic mixed with something a bit bigger and smoother sounding for a great singing lead that cuts well. Small cabs, even the 1x6 options in the CP6 can add such a unique tone that can be a blast to play. They don't sound big and produced, and that is kind of the point, just sort of a ratty rock tone that takes me back to jamming in garages in HS, where I didn't know crap about different speaker options, mic's etc. I knew who to plug in the guitar, how to turn the volume to 10, and 3 chords. Fun times in a way, since now before I jam my mind is clouded with thoughts of which one 100's of cabs do I want with what mic, what speakers, which of 200 amp models etc. So many choices and details....

I'll be looking forward to your smaller cab offerings once they hit the Fractal store.

Back
Top Bottom