I switched! Axe-Fx II to AX8

guitarfreak365

Inspired
I appositely love the AX8! I've had the AXE FX II since it was released and was completely satisfied with it. I do have to say after now having the AX8 I'm even happier with that though! I play away from home a lot so I'm sure that is a big factor but so far I haven't had any CPU limitations or anything like that. I have absolutely loved the way the AX8 pedal board is set up. Coming from the MFC101 it was like a breath of fresh air and so much easier and intuitive to use. So much so that I've decided to sell my AX II and just stick with the AX8 (let me know if you are interested ;)). Basically wanted to put this out there for anyone thinking about making that change. I mulled it over for a while then decided to just go for it and see. I'm so glad I did!

Former Axe II user here. Did the same thing and haven't looked back. In the process of selling my XL+ W/MFC and rack system for 2k (hint hint). I refuse to buy an Axe III. I'll wait until the floor model comes out. All in one is the way to go!

Former Axe II user here. Did the same thing and haven't looked back. In the process of selling my XL+ W/MFC and rack system for 2k (hint hint). I refuse to buy an Axe III. I'll wait until the floor model comes out. All in one is the way to go!

Yeah I agree! Waiting for the next floor unit in my opinion is totally the way to go vs. buying the III. Of course that doesn't apply to everyone but I really cant imagine ever switching back to a non floor based unit after experiencing the AX8.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree! Waiting for the next floor unit in my opinion is totally the way to go vs. buying the III. Of course that doesn't apply to everyone but I really cant imagine ever switching back to a non floor based unit after experiencing the AX8.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the floor units start out-selling the rack units. I see the Ax8's popularity growing by the day. I bet the wait list for a new floor unit will be enormous.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the floor units start out-selling the rack units. I see the Ax8's popularity growing by the day. I bet the wait list for a new floor unit will be enormous.

I will be on that wait list. I check the website literally every day. Not kidding. I love my AX8, but will jump quickly for a floor model of the Axe III. It'll probably be a while though. They just caught up with Axe III backlog.

Me too bro! I was on G66 waitingline for the AFX3, but when they emailed me, that the AFX3 is soon in stock... I cancelled my "order". Just because I prefer the AX8 formfactor so much more.

AFX3 would be great as my studio tool... But with AX8 i don't feel, that i'm missing anything and in the same time, it is so easy to take with me to the rehearsals.

Edit:
I switched from AXFII to AX8 little over a year ago and I am so happy i did.

I made the move from Axe II to AX8 a couple of years ago and never regretted it. I've adjusted to the limitations and love having one unit on the floor. That said, when/if a III on the floor releases I'll be making that move.

Looks like a lot of us did the same thing. For me, the AX8 is the ultimate solution for most gigging guitar players. Great consistent tones, easy portability, ease of use. Being able to adjust gain, master volume and basic EQ is such a great feature since every room requires some tweaking. I would actually suggest that Fractal add the basic function knobs to the FC-6 and FC12 for the AxIII. During a gig it is huge to be able to adjust those basic parameters right at your feet without having to go back to the unit and flip through pages on the screen.

Our band just started recording new EP last weekened. We went to our drummers home to record all the drum tracks first.

I had my AX8 and our second guitarist his AmpliFIRE12. We were ready to jam with our drummer like in 5 minutes after we hooked our Floorunits to the mixingboard and got our headphones on.

Next day me and our basist went to our rehearsal place to record his bass parts together. I had my MBP, Focusrite interface and AX8 with me. Again, super light and easy setup for recording.

Same thing yesterday. We started to record guitar tracks in our rehearsal place. 15min setup for "portable studio" and another 15min setup for choosing presets and leveling the volumes etc.

I will continue to record the guitar tracks at home later. Every tone is dialed in and ready to go when I find the time to record. With gear like this, the possibilities are almost endless. You have a ton of tones with you and it is so easy to carry and setup in different places when needed.

I sold my II XL and bought an AX8. No regrets!!! I never gigged with my II XL and i gigged with my AX8 within a week of getting it! If they make an AX8 version of the III i may end up getting it, but as of now...I have never been more content with the gear I have currently.

Back
Top Bottom