I spent 3 years trying to like the delays in this box

No, I never use the default. I ALWAYS set my delays on all parameters. I use the Multi DElay a lot. more than the regular one.

If you use the regular delay block, you use the default because it isn't adjustable. If you use the multidelay, you probably won't experience this issue at all. The multidelay block uses more CPU though, so it isn't always an option. You also lose the high and low cut options as well as the filter slope, so it isn't the perfect solution.

I would also like to add that the loud first repeat isn't worse than the other delays I have or have had in the past, it's just different. For most uses, I like it better actually. For some things, it's really a problem. I wish it were adjustable.

D

Just wanted to add this in case it's helpful, I started a thread about this a long time ago:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-discussion/36635-taming-delay-repeats.html

On page 2, there is a post with an attached preset (or effect? - not sure) that supposedly uses the dual delay to get around this issue. I just got Axe-Edit up and running in my new space, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet but it might be the best solution for some of us. The benefit is that it uses the normal delay block so you have the normal filtering options available. I've added it to my to-do list to try this out and see if it solves my problem.

D

Just wanted to add this in case it's helpful, I started a thread about this a long time ago:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-discussion/36635-taming-delay-repeats.html

On page 2, there is a post with an attached preset (or effect? - not sure) that supposedly uses the dual delay to get around this issue. I just got Axe-Edit up and running in my new space, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet but it might be the best solution for some of us. The benefit is that it uses the normal delay block so you have the normal filtering options available. I've added it to my to-do list to try this out and see if it solves my problem.

D
If this actually works then it would solve my problem.

Back
Top Bottom