I should probably know this by now (but I don't)

plyall

Power User
He fellow forumites -

I joined about 6 years ago when almost all the buzz what about the Axe-FX II, and of course over the years, the product palette at Fractal has grown considerably.

Is there a FORUM setting somewhere where I can select/deselect only the forums I'm interested in? No disrespect to the other Fractal users, and I am interested in the III, but I'm thinking there must be a way to do what I'm looking to do, and thin the stream a bit.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you can do it like you say there, but if you only want to see a list of the forums you want to read, you can go to each, click "Watch Forum" in the upper right, select your notification options, and repeat for each forum you want. Then go click on "Watched Forums" in the menu, and save that address as a shortcut to "your" forums.

That's the only way I know to do it.

It appears to be a theme level option (to a degree). The "UIX" forum theme allows you to collapse sections you're not interested in (IE, AX8, FX8, etc). I use the "Vintage" theme which doesn't have that option, though I requested/suggested it when they upgraded the forums a year or two ago.

I just got used to scrolling past the ones that don't interest me.

If you're in UIX you just click on the minus sign on the right end of the title bar for the section you want to hide. It turns into a plus sign and collapses the section.

I felt the same way when i was still running an Ultra and the II came out. But eventually a lot of the discussion of cool tone tips etc will end up in the new forum and its still useful despite having older gear

There’s no “ignore forum” feature in the forum software but I’ll look into it. I know TGP has it because I ignore The Lounge over there so a plug-in must exist.

If you're in UIX you just click on the minus sign on the right end of the title bar for the section you want to hide. It turns into a plus sign and collapses the section.

.... and when I go back everything is expanded again. Nevermind :/

I never understood the need to ignore forum sections or other posters for that matter. The world is full of people who are 'mentally challenged' as it were, but even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. It's so easy to turn the internet into an like minded echo chamber and that is never a good development. And other forums, as has been said, might yield interesting information that you would otherwise miss.

I never understood the need to ignore forum sections or other posters for that matter. The world is full of people who are 'mentally challenged' as it were, but even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. It's so easy to turn the internet into an like minded echo chamber and that is never a good development. And other forums, as has been said, might yield interesting information that you would otherwise miss.
Mostly agree, however some "posters" use extremely coarse and vulgar language, which I find very offensive in what should be civil discourse. I don't treat other people that way, and I expect the same in return. I love the ignore function. I do use it sparingly, but it works so well when needed. There is a difference between disagreement and disagreeable.

....There is a difference between disagreement and disagreeable.

Completely on board here. I have no problems with disagreement (even if it is abhorrent to my core) and IF IT IS DONE in a reasonable manner (i.e. not insulting, degrading, etc.) I try to keep my mind open to other viewpoints. I believe it's a good thing to look through someone else's eyes occasionally.

To the OP, no way to do that.

Back
Top Bottom