i really wonder if there is anyone using m-zone model as drive block ?

I agree this thing sounds like @ss, but oddly it has a place in certain songs (has anyone really listened to many of the 80's artists tone...gah!)

Reactions: J.C
Only think that made the Klon special (it was a decent pedal truth be told, but so are lots of other pedals) was that most people couldn't get one. These days there are lots of "boo-teek" clones and even the EHX Soul Food. If you want a Klon clone, its easy to get. As such, how many hardware guys are still lusting over the real thing ? A lot less

Quite honestly, if the Axe did include a model (ignoring the fact you can dial in a very similar pedal as is) I doubt many people would even use it.

The Klon is only cool as an virtual drive pedal because its still something we can't have

Only think that made the Klon special (it was a decent pedal truth be told, but so are lots of other pedals) was that most people couldn't get one. These days there are lots of "boo-teek" clones and even the EHX Soul Food. If you want a Klon clone, its easy to get. As such, how many hardware guys are still lusting over the real thing ? A lot less

Quite honestly, if the Axe did include a model (ignoring the fact you can dial in a very similar pedal as is) I doubt many people would even use it.

The Klon is only cool as an virtual drive pedal because its still something we can't have
This. I tried out the Klon settings floating around and while yeah it was a cool sound...it was pretty underwhelming. And isn't the whole Klon shtick that it's reeeally transparent? Just turn the mix down on the block

I guess for a more solid state sound , I have one preset with it , in front of a clean model amp

I use that drive model in the Fractal with my Bandmaster preset.

I switch presets for clean, crunch, gain.

The Bandmaster is my clean. I wanted to quickly be able to do fills with higher gain and really quickly change back to clean.

The metal zone sim was the one that got closest to my SLO preset gain wise.

I have the drive block + eq block setup on a foot switch.

When I play a solo I switch to my SLO preset and back. But for fills the drive block it is.

Reactions: J.C
I'll admit that I actually like the Metal Z, in certain eq situations. The knobs can do some interesting mid flavors, you might be surpised.

Back
Top Bottom