I really miss this place

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
Being Axeless has kind of made coming here a bit less a priority these days, but I have to say that I really miss you guys. I swear that I think that half of what made the Ultra so great was this forum; there's so much participation and knowledge that I could spend hours sitting in front of my PC with my guitar strapped on, play away and hit 'new posts' and see what was going on and just hang out. It's really not like that with the 11R at all. I don't know, it's just a completely different vibe and mentallity on the forums dedicated to it and while everyone is nice there isn't the same spirit.

No real point here except that maybe make sure that you guys appreciate what you've got as a forum here. Collectively it's the best group I've ever been a part of.

Waiting for a coupon like me? Your presence here is part of what makes it cool, Shasha, so don't be a stranger!

I miss your cynicism and rants on Avid too shasha :lol come back to us! You can't hide your hate for avid forever to those guys you know :lol

I miss your cynicism and rants on Avid too shasha :lol come back to us! You can't hide your hate for avid forever to those guys you know :lol

Me too!! Love shasha 's cynicism and rants. But always in a good way nothing ever mean spirited or anything like that.

But he is right, I find myself constantly checking the forum even with my Iphone, which can be a bit hard to read a long thread.

I always enjoyed reading your posts' and noticed when you stopped hanging out. Hope you get the II soon. :)

Part of it's been work, I've been swamped. I've also started running which is a big deal for me. I started having back issues about 6 years ago and just finally started getting some treatment that works. But during that time I swelled up into a fat little piggy and I've been trying to get back into shape. Feel pretty good, but I'm still so damn slow that it takes me about 2 hours to get a good run in.

And I really hate dogging on the 11R; I mean the guys over on the other forums are good dudes. But the biggest thing that seperates gear from person to person in terms of what works and what doesn't really comes down to personal preference and workflow. The 11R does some stuff really well...it just doesn't do everything I want nor does it do it all exactly how I want it to. That doesn't make it bad, it just makes it a poor fit for me. And yes I could probably adjust, but guess what, I really don't want to at this point.

I suppose it's different when you've had an axe and the lost one. I've never had one and have been browsing this forum for months on end, lol. It helps take the edge off waiting for one I suppose.

Anyways, good post Shasha - hopefully you will get yours back soon!

Awww man I know how that is. I got swamped with work too. Also since It's a desk job dealing with health insurances, it's long, boring, and tedious and all I do is eat and work now. Somehow I don't gain weight but I tried running not too long ago and I thought I was gonna die :lol never had that happen to me. Growing up is a pain :razz

This forum is really an awesome place. Truth be told, I've been to 2 forums that were even more awesome, but this one is by far the most helpful and informative. It's also one of the few places you have actual company reps, and even cliff himself taking an active part. There are only a couple others I know of like that - voodoo labs and the axon forum, both of which I rarely visit anymore :(

This forum is also a bit different in that there are more experienced and seasoned musicians here, as opposed to many other forums full of angry moody teens (and grumpy old folk) :)

Awww man I know how that is. I got swamped with work too. Also since It's a desk job dealing with health insurances, it's long, boring, and tedious and all I do is eat and work now. Somehow I don't gain weight but I tried running not too long ago and I thought I was gonna die :lol never had that happen to me. Growing up is a pain :razz
I hear you. It frickin started raining two minutes before I got home yesterday and didn't let up all night. I don't enjoy running, but I have to do it and it is getting easier. But when something like rain gives me an excuse after I got myself all worked up to run it just sucks. I just got done running tonight and it sucked for the first 30 minutes, but the last hour was actually pretty good.

The secret for me was to start slow, just walk for an hour and work your way up to two hours and then a little bit of jogging (and I'm talking months of just walking here). I'm in no way an expert, but as someone who has never been able to run long distances and just a year ago could barely walk from my car to my desk without a cane it's a huge improvement. But I also had a laundry list of crap that I had ignored for years and it finally caught up with me. I have obstructive sleep apnea (for years now), got put on a CPAP and it changed my life. I actually can get up in the morning without a headache. I also had a severe vitamin deficiency. Turns out that I am gluten intolerant. Took about 2 months to purge my body and get over the cravings for bread and pasta, but just cutting those two out, increasing my fat intake (nuts and other 'good fats') and eating handfuls of vitamin D pills AND getting out into the sun for a few hours everyday and I feel 10 years younger.

I can actually eat something for the first time in my life and 'feel' the energy from it. And I always had stomach issues; basically it's whole foods for me these days. Cutting out everything but water helps too. Eating low fat foods, lots of fiber like everyone was telling me to was the worst thing I could have done. I would get violently hungry, always felt horrible, had mental lapses and was just sick all the time. Your body needs fat to absorb vitamin D which was one of my biggest deficiencies. I never knew any of this crap before seeing some professionals.

The last part of the equation was going in and getting nerve ablation (3rd time now) on my spine. Basically they burn the nerves in your back in a few spots and it kills them. That whole story about nerves not growing back is BS by the way, mine grow back every 6 months or so. When they're in full force it's horrendous; imagine hitting your funny bone, but it's in your leg and it's constant 24/7 pain....do that crap for 5 years straight and it takes its toll mentally and physically.

So everytime I start to hate running a bit I'm just thankful that I can actually do it and after a while I hit that sweet spot where it doesn't hurt and I can just enjoy it. I suppose that's the jogger's high kicking in. It's funny because I can't ever remember getting to that point before trying to work my way back into shape.

But even with all of that going on it all comes down to really wanting to do it. The final straw was seeing a picture of myself at work...you want to talk about devestating. I'm not even close to vain, but I was frickin' embarassed as hell. Even more than that I could see that I had reached the point where it was going to cause long term health issues and I was heading down a path of even more health problems.

I suppose that my point is that it really comes down to making a decision to commit to a lifestyle change. You're probably not as bad as I was and I hope that you never get to that point.

I hear you. It frickin started raining two minutes before I got home yesterday and didn't let up all night. I don't enjoy running, but I have to do it and it is getting easier. But when something like rain gives me an excuse after I got myself all worked up to run it just sucks. I just got done running tonight and it sucked for the first 30 minutes, but the last hour was actually pretty good.

The secret for me was to start slow, just walk for an hour and work your way up to two hours and then a little bit of jogging (and I'm talking months of just walking here). I'm in no way an expert, but as someone who has never been able to run long distances and just a year ago could barely walk from my car to my desk without a cane it's a huge improvement. But I also had a laundry list of crap that I had ignored for years and it finally caught up with me. I have obstructive sleep apnea (for years now), got put on a CPAP and it changed my life. I actually can get up in the morning without a headache. I also had a severe vitamin deficiency. Turns out that I am gluten intolerant. Took about 2 months to purge my body and get over the cravings for bread and pasta, but just cutting those two out, increasing my fat intake (nuts and other 'good fats') and eating handfuls of vitamin D pills AND getting out into the sun for a few hours everyday and I feel 10 years younger.

I can actually eat something for the first time in my life and 'feel' the energy from it. And I always had stomach issues; basically it's whole foods for me these days. Cutting out everything but water helps too. Eating low fat foods, lots of fiber like everyone was telling me to was the worst thing I could have done. I would get violently hungry, always felt horrible, had mental lapses and was just sick all the time. Your body needs fat to absorb vitamin D which was one of my biggest deficiencies. I never knew any of this crap before seeing some professionals.

The last part of the equation was going in and getting nerve ablation (3rd time now) on my spine. Basically they burn the nerves in your back in a few spots and it kills them. That whole story about nerves not growing back is BS by the way, mine grow back every 6 months or so. When they're in full force it's horrendous; imagine hitting your funny bone, but it's in your leg and it's constant 24/7 pain....do that crap for 5 years straight and it takes its toll mentally and physically.

So everytime I start to hate running a bit I'm just thankful that I can actually do it and after a while I hit that sweet spot where it doesn't hurt and I can just enjoy it. I suppose that's the jogger's high kicking in. It's funny because I can't ever remember getting to that point before trying to work my way back into shape.

But even with all of that going on it all comes down to really wanting to do it. The final straw was seeing a picture of myself at work...you want to talk about devestating. I'm not even close to vain, but I was frickin' embarassed as hell. Even more than that I could see that I had reached the point where it was going to cause long term health issues and I was heading down a path of even more health problems.

I suppose that my point is that it really comes down to making a decision to commit to a lifestyle change. You're probably not as bad as I was and I hope that you never get to that point.

There's this book called the blood type diet. In a nut shell - your blood type determines what food is healthy / unhealthy for you to eat. I need to get back on that again... it turns out for the MOST part gluten is not good for any blood type - especially for type O's like myself. I followed the diet strictly by my blood type for a month (no gluten, dairy, and pork being the most important). I started to feel better but there were nights where my body CRAVED cheese, bread, and beer SO BADLY, that it would jolt me awake at night. Unfortunately all of my friends eat whatever they want and drink lots of beer... so I eventually gave in. Without gluten and dairy in my diet towards the end of the month I was waaay more energetic and less 'ADD'ish'. But I'll be damned not having a few beers with your friends!

I've no where near the health problems you Shasha but it's always encouraging seeing someone change their lives for the better. It's time I get 'back on' and stick with it.

balls that's brutal. I can definitely relate to the eating part. I've eaten fast food for my entire life and I've always been a skinny guy who's weight always fluctuates by like five to ten pounds. One point I got really bad abdominal pains and nothing I ate would help and my bowels were just guesswork. One day I'd be fine, the next I'd have a bout of runs or no bowel movement at all. Eventually I got sick of playing Dr. Google because everything on the internet scared the living hell out of me so I went to a doctor, told me to take fiber. Turns out it made my insides hurt 3x more and did not help at all so I stopped. She then suggested miralax and that helped, but it didn't really solve the problem. Finally she referred me to a gastroenterologist and sure enough he told me I had to get probed as my blood, thyroid, and white blood cell counts were normal, as were my intestines. Two liters of moviprep and one probe later, turns it I have irritable bowel syndrome and a small haemorroid or two which explained any blood I saw. I've been eliminating a bunch of foods since and generally been eating healthier (i used to eat papa johns large pizzas by myself for lunch 3-4 times a week, followed up by in n out, weinerschnitzel, carls Jr, or jack in the box) and in the process of not having an aggravated colon, I've eliminated 95% of my headaches which I found out were caused by all the junk I eat. The colon prep also cleaned out all the gunk I had amassed in 20 years of life. I just gotta follow up on walking and jogging. I used to be. able to run the mile in like 6-7 minutes. I can't run or even jog a mile now. But lifestyles do have to change for the better and I agree with ya shasha. I just hate giving up tasty fast food junk. :razz

seriously at one point I had to close FireFox because I saw pictures of the colon with crohn's and ulcerative colitis and I was close to fainting/ having a panic attack :lol

LOL - It keeps you awake at night to say the least, eh? ;)

At one point I had a rare blood disease that would eventually take my life!

There is such a fine line between your symptoms and the guy next to you. (I learned that one from House :D)

The blood type diet is actually something that my doctor brought up a while back. I have to admit that I thought that she was some kind of weird hippy chic or something, but a lot of what she was telling me made sense and basically I'm not supposed to eat a lot of red meat and stay away from dairy as well (I haven't read it, but maybe I should). I do eat chicken and fish most of the time and have really put a hurting on fruits and vegetables lately...but to be honest none of this stuff is rocket science or groundbreaking, it's the same crap that we've been told to do for years. I am italian and we ate pasta every other night and I had bread with just about every meal. Lunch was especially rough because I'd eat a sandwich or five and about two hours later I'd have to eat some garbage carbs because I was aching so badly. At the worst point I had lost about 2 months of time, I really don't remember them at all.

I went through a whole lot of reading of internet crap too. Man I thought for sure that aspertaime was causing most of my problems. It can't be good for you, but cutting it out didn't do anything for me. Nothing beats a real doctor and dietician (if they know what they're talking about anyway).

This is part of the reason why I got so uptight about everyone freaking out on here a few months ago over the AxeFXII situation. There's no reason to inflict that kind of stress on yourself over 'stuff'. And I really got upset when Cliff let us know that he was having health issues over all of this. Money, cool toys, whatever...it's all great, but once your health really deteriorates you don't know how much none of that stuff really doesn't matter. You just can't take it for granted. The worst thing I ever did was pull the old tough guy routine and just suck it up and was more worried about making money and buying crap than taking care of myself. I had part time jobs lined up all the time and I remember the real wake up call was when I had to turn down work because I couldn't get my hands to work right. I kept dropping crap. They thought I had MS at one point; you want to talk about scared.

I suppose the best thing that happened out of it was that I got so frickin tired of trying to figure out what was messing with me that I got away from anything that was processed, made in a restaurant, fast food joint or was already prepared. I don't think that you can buy anything today that doesn't have some kind of crap in there whether it's preservatives, flavor enhancers or frickin corn syrup...and everything has gluten. It's not worth trying to figure out what is what so I have to prepare everything and that's probably the best thing I've ever done.

Kind of weird how this thread has shifted isn't it?

LOL - It keeps you awake at night to say the least, eh? ;)

At one point I had a rare blood disease that would eventually take my life!

There is such a fine line between your symptoms and the guy next to you. (I learned that one from House :D)
it made me a paranoid wreck :lol I had to pry myself away from google for my own health. The image still burns into my head every now and then. Too bad I have the paper with the diagnosis saying I don't got that :D man but I feel bad for people who get those crazy diseases. It's gotta suck really bad.

I suppose the best thing that happened out of it was that I got so frickin tired of trying to figure out what was messing with me that I got away from anything that was processed, made in a restaurant, fast food joint or was already prepared. I don't think that you can buy anything today that doesn't have some kind of crap in there whether it's preservatives, flavor enhancers or frickin corn syrup...and everything has gluten. It's not worth trying to figure out what is what so I have to prepare everything and that's probably the best thing I've ever done.

Kind of weird how this thread has shifted isn't it?

That's EXACTLY it. Even in 'health' food stores there is so much junk put into 'ready made' foods that you dont know about. Did you know that corn is not only nutrititonless for the most part, but it actually is poor for your health? There is a perservative called citric acid that's derived from corn. Now knowing that - I challenge you to find any food out there without that perservative! It's in nearly everything I pick up at any store! See the dots connecting to high fructose CORN syrups??

But to your point Shasha - cooking and preparing your own food is the best thing to do for your health. It can be like running at first - it sucks, it's hard and you risk burning down your house! After awhile you begin to build an appreciation for it and your food starts to taste REALLY good, (In fact better than most resturaunts out there!), and quite frankly you save time once you learn how to cook efficiently. I cook batches of food that last me all week - while sacrificing a little over an hour in the kitchen on Sundays.

It's like the Axe - put in honest hard work, quality ingredients and you create something amazing. :)

Back
Top Bottom