I purchased MFC Edit

KorRay

I thought I would be able to talk to MFC Edit via my midi to USB device. So I plugged in the power supply. Plugged in my Midi In/Out. Changed the way my MFC talks to midi. Plugged my usb cable in open up MFC edit and it’s like I have to go throughmy XL+ to use this? Can I not just run straight fromthe MFC to my computer?

I thought I would be able to talk to MFC Edit via my midi to USB device. So I plugged in the power supply. Plugged in my Midi In/Out. Changed the way my MFC talks to midi. Plugged my usb cable in open up MFC edit and it’s like I have to go throughmy XL+ to use this? Can I not just run straight fromthe MFC to my computer?
You've posted the same discussion in two forums...

Yes, you can... It's what most people do. I use a MidiSport UNO and it works great.

You don't need to change the MFC mode to use MFC Edit. I use FASLink for my connection to Axe Fx and I've never needed to change anything on the MFC.

You understand that it's an offline editor, right? You dump the MFC to MFC Edit on your computer, make changes and then dump the settings back to the MFC.

Yes I understand that. And I believe I got this cable because you said that you use it lol.

Whenever I hit “enter” on the MFC, MFC Edit should be updating with what my MFC says. It doesn’t. I don’t get a progress bar in MFC Edit.

Yes I understand that. And I believe I got this cable because you said that you use it lol.

Whenever I hit “enter” on the MFC, MFC Edit should be updating with what my MFC says. It doesn’t. I don’t get a progress bar in MFC Edit.
Are you sure you've got the midi connectors plugged in right? The UNO connectors say "to midi in" and "to midi out", so it should be obvious which goes where.

Do you have lights on in the "module"? I think one is for power and will be solid, and the other(s) flash when midi data is going across.

I have them plugged in to the right ports. The only light that comes on is the USB light. The Midi lights don’t blink or anything :(

I’m currently restarting my pc

So right now you are trying to send the dump from the MFC, right?

Just follow the on-screen directions.

Otherwise, perhaps @bwanagary will chime in.

Correct. I have MFC Edit where it says “press switch #14 now”

I hit switch 14 and the MFC starts the Sysex dump but the software isn’t picking it up.

I switched the in/out of the MFC and when I hit enter I got an error stating it was reading the sysex wrong. When I did plug the in from the cable to the out of the MFC my “IN” light came on on my cable. But it doesn’t work. I don’t know what else to do.

It should be self explanatory with the on screen directions and such but it’s not. When you hit “Get help connecting the MFC-101 to your computer” button it only states how to do it using the axefx as a bridge between the PC and the MFC.

You can use any of the USB/MIDI cables or adapters mentioned in the manual. Or you can use the Axe-Fx as the USB/MIDI interface. My personal favorite is the Roland UM-ONE. It will probably work if you have a MIDI interface card inserted into you PC also but I haven't tried that.

This is the one that I purchased. Could I use a 7 pin midi cable? I have 2 laying around from my Dual Rec footswitch.

Back
Top Bottom