• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish I/O Routing Matrix

Immanuel

A matrix would be great. Another thing that would be great, would be USB block modules that overwrite global settings for the presets they are used in. The combination of these two things would be awesome.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
I think this is a great idea. Something similar to the Quick Build interface allowing us to draw connections could be a starting point because much of the underlying graphics code could be reused.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 8.52.53 AM.png
Instead of the "Out" blocks in the right column we'd have the regular input blocks, with a second matrix for the output section. The grids would have to change shape but there'd be room because there'd be fewer types of blocks.

It seems like it'd be possible from a coding aspect, but I have no idea whether the current hardware could support it memory-wise. Maybe, because the Cygnus sound generation is so good, the team can switch to improving the graphic interface and slide something like this underneath the current architecture.

That's my nearly worthless $0.02.

Immanuel

I would like to see 4 USB input blocks and 4 USB output blocks. On top of that, it would be nice to have USB-input and -output selectors in a "roll menu" like the gate type and the instrument impedance menus in the normal input blocks. And to have the same kind of selectors in the output blocks. This way, the user has the choice of making the routing "stealthy" like now - or to make it part of the grid.

McStinger

I will probably never understand, why the headphone output is hardwired to Output 1. Unable to use Output 1 set up to required output level, if I don't want get deaf. Why headphone out is not the same module, as are other outputs. Or why it has no separate volume control. At least. :confused:

Top Bottom