I/O question

tlblev2

I imagine several people have this type of question...

With the increase in I/O, I am wondering about the feasibility of using the III as my primary interface and selling my Scarlett 18i20 to raise funds for the FC12 when it is released.

So...

1.) Will it be possible to use the Output 1 XLR and humbuster options simultaneously? I imagine yes, but would have to have the same output level coming from both.

2.) When using the AxeFX III as the output USB device with a computer, will it be possible to have separate mixes coming from different outputs? E.g. will it be possible to have a guitar more prominent relative to DAW volume in say...output 4 for an IEM mix, while having different relative levels coming from Output 1 to FOH.

3.) if 2 is yes, will there be some way that this might be baked into the new Axe-Edit? An example of this kind of functionality is in Focurite Mix control. Picture attached.

I would love to just bring the AxeFx and nothing else with me to a one-man-band gig. Would be worth the extra rack space of the 3U!

Attachments

• E7412C8E-8247-4904-9339-7BEEA8D8301E.jpeg
    E7412C8E-8247-4904-9339-7BEEA8D8301E.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
It's an interesting question - I also have an 18i20 and was considering the same thing.
Focusrite control is really useful with setting the mixes for mic'd amps, an OX1, and also my outputs from the Axe-Fx.
Not sure if the III will have all that functionality but would love to see it.

Yes. 18i20 is a great piece of gear. Just wish it had more head room.

I read somewhere that there will be a block for USB output. Hopefully if not mix control-like functionality, there will be a way to rig up something similar just using the grid.

Back
Top Bottom