I/O CTRL - Ground Control Pro - Help please.

richb

Inspired
I lost all the presets on my Ultra. I was able to recreate the core patches easily enough but now I need to have things like delay, chorus, etc. turn on and off, via my GC Pro. I went to I/O, scrolled to the effect, hit enter ("learn), then hit the button I want to use on my GC Pro, and nothing happens . ( It doesn't learn). What's strange is I did the EXACT same steps as above for my Filter, which I use null as a volume boost, and the GC Pro and Ultra DID learn that. It just wouldn't "learn" any of my other effects. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

Have you done a factory reset on the GCP recently and/or checked its IA switch settings?

The other switches might be configured for a different type of message or nothing, instead of as CC toggles.

Yeah, it's probably time to "wipe the slate clean". I've had the same set up for 7 years.

Last edited:
Well in Fact. I did it with my ultra and my gcp in another way.
there the gcp is running in a 4preset 8 IA mode.

Found it! I needed to set my Ultra midi input to "Omni"! Hope this helps someone else.
this probably means that your switches are just sending on different channels. OMNI is a temporary solution for this exact setup.

if you were to add other MIDI gear in the future, things would go wrong there. ultimately, you want to program each switch on the GCP to send to a specific MIDI channel and set the Axe to that MIDI channel as well. if you add another MIDI device, you'd set it to a different MIDI channel, and any switches on the GCP used to control it would also be on that different MIDI channel.

this probably means that your switches are just sending on different channels. OMNI is a temporary solution for this exact setup.

if you were to add other MIDI gear in the future, things would go wrong there. ultimately, you want to program each switch on the GCP to send to a specific MIDI channel and set the Axe to that MIDI channel as well. if you add another MIDI device, you'd set it to a different MIDI channel, and any switches on the GCP used to control it would also be on that different MIDI channel.
Thanks for the follow up Chris.

if you were to add other MIDI gear in the future, things would go wrong there. ultimately, you want to program each switch on the GCP to send to a specific MIDI channel and set the Axe to that MIDI channel as well.

Not if you want to use the GCPro to control scenes....although I'm not sure if the Ultra uses scenes. If so, please see my post on using the GCPro to control scenes;

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/voodoo-labs-gcpro-and-axe-fx-scenes.94071/

Back
Top Bottom