I need to know how to back up or DUMP on a Mac with sysex librarian.

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I can't find the thread - someone did one on sysex data dumping/backing up to the Mac utility. Iy's not working for me. And after all this time I've barely used it, but I have apparently because there are three old files in there.

Now when I launch the utility I make sure the AxFxII midi in is selected. It's connected to the unit via usb. I hit "record and it tells me it's waiting for data. I've already gone top the Utility/Preset page on the Axe Fx II. I hit enter for dump Bank A to USB. The transfer bar goes in the Fractal for 40 seconds or so. but the Sysex Lib almost immediately close and says there's with 7 or 12kb of content. But the AFII is still transferring data.

I also did a dumb thing, I'm afraid, backing up Bank A. Does this over write the user or factory banks in ROM? No problem since I haven't yet loaded the new presets.

I have referred to the wiki.

Backup and restore - Axe-Fx II Wiki

But I must be misreading it.

OH! No. I hit the button that says record 1. But that must be for just a preset. I'm trying to back up a bank. It seemed to work with "record many."

Last edited:
For all things AxeFx II you want to use 'Record Many' in SysEx Librarian, not 'Record 1'. And you'll have to stop the recording manually when the AxeFx II says it's done dumping the patch or bank. You should turn off the "Send Realtime SysEx" when you're dumping to SysEx Librarian like this since it doesn't have a filter feature that lets you drop the non-essential messages when you're recording.

What worked for me: hit "record many" on Librarian; then hit "enter" on the Axe once you've selected the "dump bank X to usb".

Good. Thanks. All three banks backed up.

Now what's the difference between DUMP and Back Up? I think I had it backwards. I Backed UP back A. Is that where it goes to ROM, over writing whatever was there? I think what was there was 9.2 presets.

Good. Thanks. All three banks backed up.

Now what's the difference between DUMP and Back Up? I think I had it backwards. I Backed UP back A. Is that where it goes to ROM, over writing whatever was there? I think what was there was 9.2 presets.

Yes, my understanding is dump = save to your computer hard drive; back up = save to your Axe=Fx ROM (but don't take my word for it :) )

Back
Top Bottom