i need help.

So first off, I bought my axe fx 2 used. I think at this point i may save my presets and master reset the whole thing. This is why, i have cab sims off i have power amp off. Im running out to a marshall 50 watt 9005 power amp into a marshall jcm 900 4x12 cab. I cant get it to sound right. I cant get that cut a real amp has i cant get the beef without flubing a real amp has. Is this in my levels? Im not sure what to do at this point . I want to use the axe fx but at this point my marshall even my old randall rg 100ht head sounds better. How can I make the axe fx sound like a real amp head? Any ideas ?

If your presets don't sound good why would you even want to save them? I would at least reset the global parameters. You never know if the previous owner had something goofy set up for their rig. Like say he wasn't getting enough bottom, he may have applied some global EQ to add low end. Hook it up to your rig and it could be flub city.

Just don't forget to turn cab and amp sims off after you do the reset because it will turn them back on again.

send your axe full volume and turn the amp master ( axe amp ) down. your power amp should also be loud.
just to be sure. do you have any eq on the poweramp?

The axe fx output knob is full. Power amp has gain(vol) and presence. I reset everything it sounds slightly better but still missing something ill try that fliter.

Back
Top Bottom