I need help with my Axe-Fx III USB Recording setup

the only check box there is is a parent send track.
Here's what mine looks like.....If I wanted a track to come out of Out2 L&R of the Axe, I would uncheck the master send, and then add a hardware output by choosing number 3 which is pictured.....just tested it out here and works perfectly.reaper.jpg

Ok, found it -- but when I uncheck the box I loose all sound. I do see on the Axe Fx that my guitar is coming through and can be heard, the little limiter lights are coming on for output 1 knob. On output 2 knob - I see the lights coming on when my track plays but I have no sound.

Ok, found it -- but when I uncheck the box I loose all sound. I do see on the Axe Fx that my guitar is coming through and can be heard, the little limiter lights are coming on for output 1 knob. On output 2 knob - I see the lights coming on when my track plays but I have no sound.
You're losing sound when you uncheck it because you must be monitoring out 1 . What do you have hooked up to out2 to monitor with?

I have my headphones plugged in and my studio monitors on output 1, nothing plugged into output 2. I would like if possible to control the level (mix) of my playback (recorded track) separately from my guitar monitoring all in headphones.

Just plugged in an XLR into output 2 to my monitors and it works, but I need to have the mix work in my headphones.

I have my headphones plugged in and my studio monitors on output 1, nothing plugged into output 2. I would like if possible to control the level (mix) of my playback (recorded track) separately from my guitar monitoring all in headphones.
Ahhhh, well dude, you don't want to send the track to out2 then if you have nothing hooked to it! Scratch all that then, and you want to set the new hardware send to outputs 7 & 8 to the USB block. Then add the USB block to your grid in parallel. and connect it to Out 1. You can also add the USB block output level control to the performance page, so that you have a knob for the track volume.

Edit: Added pic of Axe Edit.

axe edit.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm adding a "In USB" block going (connecting) into the "Out 1" block? How do you do this "USB output level control to the performance page"? Dude you ROCK - thanks for helping me with this man! Sorry, I've only had my Axe FX for a couple of weeks now and still learning :)
***Just saw your pic after writing this.

Ok, to add the level knob, with the usb block highlighted on the grid, click on the perform button towards top. Then click once on the output level knob to get the dotted line...then click and hold to drag the knob over to the per preset area and save.perf.JPG

Back
Top Bottom