I need help programing my FCB 1010 UNO

Hello,(don't want to hijack this thread but I have a similar question) I'm a new AXE FX Ultra owner and soon to get a FCB1010. All I want to do is use the Expression Pedals(wah/volume) and scroll through banks and turn effects on/off. Do I need the UNO Chip to do this? It seems with AXE FX's Midi learn funtion programming should be fairly easy without the UNO chip????

@munkeeluke: You can do all of this without the UnO. But: Without the Uno always the last pushed controller lights up! this means you loose all visual information which patch is selected, which effects are actually on or off .... exactly this is the biggest advantage of the UnO chip: the Stompboxmode shows you detailed information which stompboxes are on, which of ... (for 5 effects) AND give you visible information which preset actually is active! Try it w/o UnO .... but you`ll see you`ll buy it after a few days working without! ;-)

@munkeeluke: You can do all of this without the UnO. But: Without the Uno always the last pushed controller lights up! this means you loose all visual information which patch is selected, which effects are actually on or off .... exactly this is the biggest advantage of the UnO chip: the Stompboxmode shows you detailed information which stompboxes are on, which of ... (for 5 effects) AND give you visible information which preset actually is active! Try it w/o UnO .... but you`ll see you`ll buy it after a few days working without! ;-)

Thanks for the info. I notice my FCB1010 LED is in sync with the tempo on the AXE FX(never noticed this feature when I have used FCB's in the past?). So far the midi learn works great. However, no i'm trying to get it to go beyond the first 100 presets.

Back
Top Bottom