I need an new Expression pedal

So my Dunlop DVP4 took a dive this morning. Fortunately it was during rehearsal, so horribleness avoided. What pedals are you using that work well? Don’t need a mini like the DVP4, but not opposed to that size either. My FM3 resides on a Temple Audio Duo 24, so just needs to fit that. TIA

The pedal won’t stay in the heel position anymore. It’s like there’s slack in the throw now as well. I think the film around the pot shaft and the pedal tongue just isn’t “sticking” like it used to. Not sure. It’s “functional”…but definitely not useable for my needs as I need to be able to shut the volume down completely.

And I’ll add this is the 2nd time I’ve had a DVP4 and I have loved them both. The first one never gave me a minute’s trouble, but I sold it because I was going to go with something with a built-in…but that didn’t work out and so I bought this one when I got my FM3. It’s been flawless. I’m sure it’s just a fluke. Due to availability I may get another, but I’m leaning toward the SP-1 from Mission at this point.

The pedal won’t stay in the heel position anymore. It’s like there’s slack in the throw now as well.
Dunlop's site says:
For maximum comfort and precision, the DVP4’s rocker tension is fully adjustable.

along with this in the manual:
ADJUSTABLE TORQUE
To adjust rocker torque, place pedal in toe-down position. Insert a 1/4" flat blade screwdriver into torque-adjust screw located under heel-end of rocker pedal. Turn clockwise to increase resistance or counterclockwise to decrease resistance.

Yes, they come with the wrench. But this issue has nothing to do with the amount of tension it takes to move the pedal, which is what that adjustment does. Makes it easier or harder to move, but has zero effect on this issue. Well, I take that back..it can help it be a bit more stable, but there is still slack in the movement which isn't conducive to proper use. If I could post video here you'd see what I mean.

I have used the Moog exp pedal 45$ jammies for years now and they are perfect for AXE2/FM3 but not Fm9 cause I'm mad at it. I do not not like that FM3 users now have to be bottom of barrel or spend more to get a 2nd amp? get rid of the other stuff that nobody uses and give us the 2nd Amp/cab.. I hate being left out obviously. But the Moog expression is perfect solution for under 50$.

Hmm. Sounds like the drive mechanism for the pot. You might crack it open and see if the mounting bracket for the pots has gotten loose or something. Looks like it's the three hex drive screws on the part circled in yellow:
ulT8TUK.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom