I need advice from ML Sound Lab about Cab Pack 7

Konstantin

Inspired
Hi.
Really want to hear expert opinion from ML SoundLab.
I have a Cab Pack 7 from ML Sound Lab. This is one of the best packs that I've heard.
And I'm a big fan of Petrucci's guitar sound. I tried many combinations mic, but still believe that the factory preset Petrucci Mix closest to the Petrucci's sound.
Question for Mikko. Please advise the best combination from the package 7, which will close the sound to the factory IR "Petrucci Mix"
Thanks

Hi Konstantin and thank you for the nice words!

Petrucci has had many different tones over the years. All those preset IR's are named hinting to a specific "based on" Petrucci sound. Chocolate Cake is probably closest to the Petrucci stock IR as it's one of the darkest IR's of the pack. It's more in the same spirit Petrucci mics his cabs nowadays.

Personally I love Suspended Animation tones over everything else. Maybe some of the names hint "based on" Jaws Of Life and Damage Control. Maybe! ;)

Obviously the IR's are not 100% just like JP but definitely in the ball park and the quality is extremely high.

I've studied Petrucci's guitar sound for years and I'm a geeky fan so I know what I'm talking about. :D

Hey Vitor ! Hate to bump this but wondering if you're still doing your Petrucci tone stuff?! With an EBMM guitar it was practically plug and play with those presets you made in the past.

I would go with Chocolate cake IR or the alloys of MD421+Sm57 first. numbers 01, 02, 05 and 07 would be a good starting point. at least they were for me.

My favourites are 57-421 (05) and 57-121 (11)(05) its really thick and dark a bit. imho very suit to my EBMM JP12 and Mark II C++ in the axe fx 2

Thank you guys! You're awesome. Just letting everyone know that last week I spent quite a lot of time re-tweaking the preset cab bundles in Cab Pack 7 to work with the latest Quantum 7 firmware and I also added presets for both the Axe-Fx and AX8. I'll announce it when it's more official but I think the new updated pack should be up for re-download through the FAS store maybe as early as next week. :)

Back
Top Bottom