I Need a Pedal

APE

Inspired
Hi. I'm probably posting it in the wrong forum but i don't know where it goes.

I have Axe FX II and I need a pedal.

I could: 1) Stick with AXE FX II and get an MFC pedal or 2) By and AXE FX III and a new pedal.

My understanding is that II and III function differently in terms of pedals. For II, I remember reading that the MFC pedal is more compatible with its features. If I get the III, what do I need to do for a pedal? I have an FCB 1010 but it might be broken and so I'll probably have to buy a new one. I recall programming scene changes was a total PITA with II, so much so that it wasn't worth it and I gave up.

Whatever I get, it has to be really really easy to use. I am not a power user and I don't want to spend a lot of time studying technical details (and no offense to anyone who does that; that's just not me!).

Thank you.

Do you have any reason to update to the Axe Fx III?

If not, pick up a used MFC-101 and call it a day. Totally integrated...

The III is awesome, but it’s $2499 and the cheapest integrated foot controller, the FC6, will be $499 once it starts shipping, so your looking at $3000 entry price point, just to have a pedal.

By contrast, you could probably get a MFC for $300 if you look around and it will work great with your II

Fcs for the three are supposed to start shipping this month and supposedly will be available to non waitlisters within couple months.. this is based on recent post from M@. I

I just watched this:– — and was baffled. I couldn't understand it. Is there any easy way to have scene and preset changes?

I also noticed in that video that the buttons are pretty close together. I have big feet and this might be a problem.

But I want to be able to change presets. And I want toggle effects like drive an phaser. It's so hard!

The algorithm to solve your dilemma:

Code:
x = money
if x = "$$$" then {buy MIDI controller}
if x = "$$$$" then {buy Axe-FX III} & {buy MIDI controller} while {waiting for FC6/12}

You know the x, you decide ;)

ps: In the meantime, why don't you check if your FCB1010 is still working? Programming scenes at the FCB1010 is very easy, and you already have 2 expression pedals included. Here are some instructions:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...with-fcb1010-no-uno-chip.141749/#post-1679287

Last edited:
I just watched this:– — and was baffled. I couldn't understand it. Is there any easy way to have scene and preset changes?

I also noticed in that video that the buttons are pretty close together. I have big feet and this might be a problem.

But I want to be able to change presets. And I want toggle effects like drive an phaser. It's so hard!

If you don’t have an MFC, then following a setup video is difficult. It’s like learning how to use a mixer without having a mixer, or how to play a video game without the game.

The easiest way is to use MFC-Edit...

Looks like you sold it!

I thought to have a some buttons load patches, others switch scenes. The setup you have seems to be an effect per pedal.
Yep, guess I listed it too cheap lol! Next up, FC-12 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi. I'm probably posting it in the wrong forum but i don't know where it goes.

I have Axe FX II and I need a pedal.

I could: 1) Stick with AXE FX II and get an MFC pedal or 2) By and AXE FX III and a new pedal.

My understanding is that II and III function differently in terms of pedals. For II, I remember reading that the MFC pedal is more compatible with its features. If I get the III, what do I need to do for a pedal? I have an FCB 1010 but it might be broken and so I'll probably have to buy a new one. I recall programming scene changes was a total PITA with II, so much so that it wasn't worth it and I gave up.

Whatever I get, it has to be really really easy to use. I am not a power user and I don't want to spend a lot of time studying technical details (and no offense to anyone who does that; that's just not me!).

Thank you.
I have been using the FCB 1010 since I got my Axe-Fx II back in 2015 and I have continued to use it on the III. I initially used Eurekaprom with it, and yes the scenes were a pain in the ass with that chip and not worth it. I switched to the Uno chip later on and I have used the program at this website to set it up - https://www.fcb1010.uno/ . Since then, scenes are pretty easy, but I only set it up for access to 5 scenes per preset because of the layout, but that has been enough for me. I use the up and down for bank, the top row for presets and the bottom for scenes. You could also set two of the bottom row buttons to control scene increment and decrement and get access to all eight if that works for you. You only get access to 100 presets with the uno, vs. all 512 with the Eurekaprom, but that involves so much tap dancing that it was never worth it anyways. For me, the MFC-101 was always way more than I would ever want to carry around, let alone the price consideration. I am on the list for an FC-12, but I will most likely pass it up for now. Maybe in a year or two when I have some extra cash again!

Back
Top Bottom