I need a new wireless - Suggestions?

Fro

Experienced
I finally put 2 and 2 together and figured out that my Line 6 Relay is killing my wifi connection for the Presonus Qmix. Apparently it's a known conflict. I'm not sure there is an easy fix, so I'm thinking of just getting a different wireless. It's too bad, because the G50 was quite dependable, and sounded great. However, we rely heavily on Qmix, so I'm back to the drawing board with the wireless.

What have you been happy with, other than the Line 6 digital stuff? Price isn't a huge concern.

Thanks.

I thought line 6 found a solution to this ?

I did come across this when googling. I need to read through it some more. It looks like there is a firmware upgrade, but I can't do that to my unit. No USB. If I buy one of the new units, I think it's better. I couldn't tell if it was 100% fixed or not. If it is a 100% fix, I may be interested in one of their new models. I'd rather not go that rout though if it could still be a possible issue. I'll search their forum and see what I can find out.

If you want the best, IMHO, this is what I would recommend. I have one and it's flawless. It's the broadcast standard for a reason. Check it out.

IS400 | Systems | Wireless & IFB | Products

This looks really interesting. Thanks for the link.

If latency don't matters for you, the L6 stuff has the best freq response and almost no distortion at all.
If latency matters, the Sennheiser EW172G series has an almost perfect freq response and a very low distortion.

Get a wireless that doesn't transmit in the 2.4 gig range and your problem will be fixed. One of the main reasons I never jumped on the Line 6 band wagon.

Back
Top Bottom